only slightly OT | The Boneyard

only slightly OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree. If it's not UConn, it's crap. My self-imposed no-UConn ESPN ban went quite well last year. I'm thinking of extending it to all conference networks until UConn gets out of purgatory. Of course, this serves no purpose other than making me feel good but at least I could honestly respond to folks who say things like "people in Connecticut want the SEC Network". Not without UConn playing in a Power 5, I don't.

Reaction Score
This might be related to the lawsuit Cablevision is bringing against Viacom.

Reaction Score
Completely agree. If it's not UConn, it's crap. My self-imposed no-UConn ESPN ban went quite well last year. I'm thinking of extending it to all conference networks until UConn gets out of purgatory. Of course, this serves no purpose other than making me feel good but at least I could honestly respond to folks who say things like "people in Connecticut want the SEC Network". Not without UConn playing in a Power 5, I don't.

Who wants the SEC network here? Do I want to watch Alabama vs. LSU? Yes, but that game is going to be on CBS, so no, I am not even a little bit interested to see, let alone spend a penny to see Miss St. play anyone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should be moved off every single cable system in New England and New York, for that matter.
...but they won't be.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Who wants the SEC network here? Do I want to watch Alabama vs. LSU? Yes, but that game is going to be on CBS, so no, I am not even a little bit interested to see, let alone spend a penny to see Miss St. play anyone.
The head of ESPN, Burke Magnus, thinks we do... "people in CT want the SEC network", "people in blah blah blah want it"... when they announced the launch, he was basically saying that people everywhere would want it...

Reaction Score
The head of ESPN, Burke Magnus, thinks we do... "people in CT want the SEC network", "people in blah blah blah want it"... when they announced the launch, he was basically saying that people everywhere would want it...

Sure, people here want it now. That's probably because they believe that the marquee games will no longer be available to them. However, when they find out that the games they actually want to watch will always be on national TV, and they are paying for a lot of Missouri vs. Presbyterian, and Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky football games I bet that changes real fast.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Sure, people here want it now. That's probably because they believe that the marquee games will no longer be available to them. However, when they find out that the games they actually want to watch will always be on national TV, and they are paying for a lot of Missouri vs. Presbyterian, and Vanderbilt vs. Kentucky football games I bet that changes real fast.
Unless UConn is served, I send it back

Reaction Score
He's not the head of ESPN. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom