Only positive | The Boneyard

Only positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Christian Vital is a good player. Austrie and Beverly were two nice low ranked 4 year guards that contributed well and were good leaders. Some people were thinking Vital could grow into a good player in his upperclassmen years and be like them. Well he's going to be a lot better than them, he's already better than them. You can just tell when a kid is a leader and Vital carries himself that way. He isn't scared of anything, plays a solid floor game and can shoot the ball. . . . . . .As gross as the current team looks, a backcourt of Alterique, Jalen and Vital is very exciting. Throw in MAL and hopefully Hamidou and we will have so many different looks we can throw at teams from the backcourt. . . . . . .I'm trying to find some sort of positive after watching the ugliest basketball game I think I've ever seen.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Christian Vital is a good player. Austrie and Beverly were two nice low ranked 4 year guards that contributed well and were good leaders. Some people were thinking Vital could grow into a good player in his upperclassmen years and be like them. Well he's going to be a lot better than them, he's already better than them. You can just tell when a kid is a leader and Vital carries himself that way. He isn't scared of anything, plays a solid floor game and can shoot the ball. . . . . . .As gross as the current team looks, a backcourt of Alterique, Jalen and Vital is very exciting. Throw in MAL and hopefully Hamidou and we will have so many different looks we can throw at teams from the backcourt. . . . . . .I'm trying to find some sort of positive after watching the ugliest basketball game I think I've ever seen.
Agree 1000%

Reaction Score
15267702_1135969923167652_668567581163035532_n.jpg

So, . . . . . there's that.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I realize this isn't the point but how can you compare beverly and austrie?
Appreciate them both but no comparison.
Vital does have the tools to
reach"Austrie"level good.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
They sure look good in those women sports bra uneys?

Reaction Score
I realize this isn't the point but how can you compare beverly and austrie?
I wasn't trying to but I've seen others do it. Beverly was a great leader for us but never contributed like Austrie did on the court. I was only trying to stress how Vital is already better than them since I've seen his name associated with those two.

Reaction Score
Our perimeter D was also much improved tonight.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I wasn't trying to but I've seen others do it. Beverly was a great leader for us but never contributed like Austrie did on the court. I was only trying to stress how Vital is already better than them since I've seen his name associated with those two.
He has been a nice surprise, but Austrie was very big for us and solid in ways that we will have to see if Vital can reach. But having said that, I agree that Vital's ceiling looks higher than Austrie's after a few games. Thank goodness for him.

Reaction Score
First game all year I just couldn't watch. I didn't think we would lose, just could not watch that mess. Glad we won, but I never experienced a UCONN team that struggled so much against teams like BU, Wagner, Northeastern, Chaminade and LMU.

Reaction Score
Yes, CV has been the only other reliable offensive player besides JA. This team is hard to watch offensively but at least there is effort on D. Just need to find some more shooters and playmakers going forward. Would love a true post guy who could play some D. Sorry SE. LOL!

Reaction Score
Only because their shooting was worse than ours.
Yes and no. They shot the ball awful but a better indicator of perimeter D isn't the 3P% but the % of FG attempts that are 3 pointers. For the season the average has been 40.5%, and tonight against BU it was 32.8%. So it was an improvement for sure

For reference,
12-13: 31.0%
13-14: 32.6%
14-15: 33.8%
15-16: 36.2%

Reaction Score
Yes and no. They shot the ball awful but a better indicator of perimeter D isn't the 3P% but the % of FG attempts that are 3 pointers. For the season the average has been 40.5%, and tonight against BU it was 32.8%. So it was an improvement for sure

For reference,
12-13: 31.0%
13-14: 32.6%
14-15: 33.8%
15-16: 36.2%

Do not ascribe this stat to good intentional defense. You can scheme to take away 3-pointers to some extent, but the offense always has a much larger say about what kinds of shots they take than the defense, unless a zone is involved (which we played more of in previous games).

Reaction Score
Only positive is nobody else got hurt...and Taylor Rooks of course. My wife suggested that she may be distracting the team and KO during the games. It was the only timeI cracked a smile during the whole debacle. Its a win though...

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
That was some Keystone Kops s---.

This season isn't gonna get less ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics