Only in CT part 2: Field in disgraceful condition for no good reason | The Boneyard

Only in CT part 2: Field in disgraceful condition for no good reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I understand why Heinz Field's field sucks by December. Steelers, U. of Pitt, and then a crapload of high school games (never understand why they don't have artificial turf).

Yet somehow, despite a very light non-UConn football schedule this year, the condition of the Rent field was abysmal Saturday. Absolutely no excuse for it. The Rent management 'structure' is a prescription for failure. About 500 chiefs and not enough indians. There is supposedly a full-time staff out there taking care of the field and layers upon layers of management above them. Yet somehow chunks of turf managed to get dug up every single play. If Gov. Malloy went out there today to ask why (not that I expect him to), he would be pointed in about a zillion different directions - well, see that guy does this and that guy does that. typical CT

The chunks of turf flying out in an empty and empty-ing stadium just went along with the rest of the day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's football in December. I think turf was the least of our worries.

Reaction Score

I agree with you. However, it is one small, very controlable aspect that UConn can and should control. Big time, they need to think Big time.

Reaction Score

If it was Dec. 30 I could see your point. Dec. 1 after a relatively easy weather fall (in central CT, that is) another matter. My lawn is in better shape (thanks to Agway)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom