Only glimmer of hope from today | The Boneyard

Only glimmer of hope from today

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
In what may be the single worst sports day of my life, the one glimmer of hope I saw were the two strange statements by UVa and UNC, which seemed to be a bit over the top and unnecessary, and possibly an indication they are on the way out. While the ACC is pressing hard on Maryland legally, I suspect that was an automatic response by Swofford and not something any members would necessarily vote on. Then Katz's comments seemed to indicate that the ACC may not be done.

All seem to point to the fact that the ACC has not righted the ship completely yet.

While this is reading tea leaves, the reality is the tea leaves have been pretty accurate in the last week. There were signs UConn was losing long before tonight.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
how do u possibly go from death to earth to hmm maybe more acc moves soon in 2 minutes?

You beat me to it. Welcome back, Nelson!!!

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Nelson, it took you this long to figure out the ACC has needed to spend most of its time fixing leaks in its hull before taking on more passengers? Even by your standards this is disappointing.

Reaction Score
Louisville got enough votes. We didn't.

If we are only in the ACC after they develop more holes in the hull then what does that say about the theory that we are holding out for the B1G?

I am really skeptical on the B1G theory. Like 100%. I just think it would almost be like committing suicide unintentionally.

Reaction Score
how do u possibly go from death to earth to hmm maybe more acc moves soon in 2 minutes?

7 Stages of Conference realignment Grief

SHOCK & DENIAL You will probably react to learning of the departure of your Conference Mate with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality that they are leaving at some point, in order to avoid the pain. Message boards provide an emotional protection (misery loves company) from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for days.
2. PAIN & GUILT- As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and post your feelings on message boards no matter how ridiculous, also for temporary relief you should escape from it with alcohol.
3. ANGER & BARGAINING- Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the other team leaving you behind and your AD and PRES not doing enough to get you an invite also. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships with other schools may result (you never know if they may be able to help you at a future date). This is a time for the expression of bottled up emotion (twitter and other social media outlets are usually helpful). You may rail against fate, questioning "Why us?" You may also try to beg in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your conference ("I will never call you massholes again if you just let us in")
4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS- Just when other conference members may think you should be getting over it, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful (you will get into a real conference someday). During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your situation, and it depresses you more. You may isolate yourself on purpose (we should go independent), reflect on things you did with your former rivalries, and focus on memories of the past (remember when we were members of a BCS conference).
I’m somewhere between 3 and 4 and desperately hoping for 5
5. THE UPWARD TURN-

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The holes are there already, have been there for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom