Only 2 Reallies ... | The Boneyard

Only 2 Reallies ...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Toward the end of the game, I said to Shea [Ralph] and Marisa [Moseley] that if we can keep [Chong] in this place for the rest of the season, we're going to be really, really good," Auriemma said. "What can I say? She's having the kind of senior year you want to have."

UConn Women: Saniya Chong Exceeding Expectations; Other Things Learned

I figure the 3rd really is waiting on Crystal.

Reaction Score
"Toward the end of the game, I said to Shea [Ralph] and Marisa [Moseley] that if we can keep [Chong] in this place for the rest of the season, we're going to be really, really good," Auriemma said. "What can I say? She's having the kind of senior year you want to have."

UConn Women: Saniya Chong Exceeding Expectations; Other Things Learned

I figure the 3rd really is waiting on Crystal.

I can't help but wonder: Prior to the Stanford game Geno praised Chong for her practices and being a good point guard. Aterwards--Chong dropped out of favor--Geno had loads of talent--and the melt down on defending Stanford was across the board--i.e. everyone failed. Chong felt the brunt of that loss and was mostly in limbo until most recently--
My wonder: If Chong had been given a bit more of the operation of the team, i.e. point guard--maybe she would have become OUR Chong prior to the NCAA's. Just wondering/???

Reaction Score
This year Chong is moving the ball and moving without the ball. If you watched past seasons, she'd dribble at the top of the key and try to direct traffic. This year she just passes and moves, cuts, screens, etc. She's not thinking, she's just playing. And the results are showing, she's a baller.

Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder: Prior to the Stanford game Geno praised Chong for her practices and being a good point guard. Aterwards--Chong dropped out of favor--Geno had loads of talent--and the melt down on defending Stanford was across the board--i.e. everyone failed. Chong felt the brunt of that loss and was mostly in limbo until most recently--
My wonder: If Chong had been given a bit more of the operation of the team, i.e. point guard--maybe she would have become OUR Chong prior to the NCAA's. Just wondering/???

I doubt it. Not with the major injury she sustained last year. Too mnay games there would be the on-again off-again issue. And as far as this year-- she took over a game vs a top tier team in game 1. I dont' think a soph Chong could do that.

Many players just seem to get it -- or raise their games quite a bit their sr year too.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It's great to hear Geno saying such good things about Chong. It's been a long time coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom