Online Resources and Streaming Services | The Boneyard

Online Resources and Streaming Services

undersized

Iowa/Indiana/Big Ten Fan
Reaction Score
Calling all WBB junkies! A couple questions for you:

1. What is the easiest way to find scores and stats for games?

I often use:
NCAA College Women's Basketball Scores, Schedule | NCAA.com
Women's College Basketball Women's Basketball Scores - Women's College Basketball Scoreboard - ESPN
A google search of "NCAA women's basketball"
Going directly to the schedule tab of the school's official website and clicking on the boxscore. (This gets cumbersome. :()

2. What cable/streaming services do you subscribe to? AKA how do you watch games?

I currently pay for Hulu with Live TV ($65/month) and B1G+ ($15/month).
Pros: I can watch pretty much any SEC/ACC/B1G game (live or on demand).
Cons: I rarely have access to Big 12/Pac 12/games from smaller conferences.

Is there a better option out there? AKA cheaper that would allow me to access more? Was thinking about Sling TV (for PAC12 net) or biting the bullet and paying for ESPN+ (to get more Big 12 and smaller conference games).

Please share any tips and resources! The season is upon us. DM's are open for anything you'd like to share off the record. :D

Reaction Score
I use ESPN's women basketball scoreboard to check the games and scoreboards.

ESPN+ is good for most of the games not in TV and is cheap.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sling TV and ESPN +, that combo allows me to see the ACC, SEC, and PAC 12... Big South, Southern, and the MAC.

Reaction Score
Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Me ducking out on this thread. I'll get depressed being the Canadian looking from our government regulated border.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I have ESPN+ I think it was $69.00 a year.
Believe they have upped the coverage for both WCBB and MCBB.
On opening day, tomorrow, I count 84 WCBB games available to watch.
Plus I love hockey and baseball and they are covering a ton of hockey games too.
I also get ESPN, SECN games through my cable.

Reaction Score
I have ESPN+ I think it was $69.00 a year.
Believe they have upped the coverage for both WCBB and MCBB.
On opening day, tomorrow, I count 84 WCBB games available to watch.
Plus I love hockey and baseball and they are covering a ton of hockey games too.
I also get ESPN, SECN games through my cable.
ESPN+ costs $7 a month or $70 annually for streaming access to exclusive sports events and programs. The service previously cost $6 a month or $60 a year, but rates were increased on August 13. You can also bundle ESPN+ with Hulu and Disney Plus for $14 a month. Aug 16, 2021

Reaction Score
Calling all WBB junkies! A couple questions for you:

1. What is the easiest way to find scores and stats for games?

I often use:
NCAA College Women's Basketball Scores, Schedule | NCAA.com
Women's College Basketball Women's Basketball Scores - Women's College Basketball Scoreboard - ESPN
A google search of "NCAA women's basketball"
Going directly to the schedule tab of the school's official website and clicking on the boxscore. (This gets cumbersome. :()

2. What cable/streaming services do you subscribe to? AKA how do you watch games?

I currently pay for Hulu with Live TV ($65/month) and B1G+ ($15/month).
Pros: I can watch pretty much any SEC/ACC/B1G game (live or on demand).
Cons: I rarely have access to Big 12/Pac 12/games from smaller conferences.

Is there a better option out there? AKA cheaper that would allow me to access more? Was thinking about Sling TV (for PAC12 net) or biting the bullet and paying for ESPN+ (to get more Big 12 and smaller conference games).

Please share any tips and resources! The season is upon us. DM's are open for anything you'd like to share off the record. :D
Yahoo women's basketball has great stats for NCAA women's basketball.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Awkward Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Me ducking out on this thread. I'll get depressed being the Canadian looking from our government regulated border.

Canadians can't access ESPN ??

Reaction Score
Canadians can't access ESPN ??
Not the same way Americans can. TSN, the Canadian version of ESPN will broadcast NCAAW games throughout the season, but it will be limited to the games ESPN channel broadcasts. They may show more of the UConn games on SNY because of Aaliyah Edwards. Possibly more of South Carolina too because of Amihere. However, in comparison, our access to NCAAW is very limited.

ESPN+, SEC, ACC Network etc., aren't accessible unless you're willing to go through "other channels" to get access. Cable companies offer College package option. I've found the basketball coverage skewed towards the men's game however.

Sling, YouTubeTV aren't available because they compete with Canadian streaming services the cable companies offer. Don't believe Hulu is an option either. BIG 10+, FloSports are the only legal streaming options in Canada that I know of. Or you find live streams from some of the teams that make them available for no charge.

It's a matter of whether how far are you willing to go to watch NCAAW. It's getting better, but compared to what to the US, it has a long way to go.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not the same way Americans can. TSN, the Canadian version of ESPN will broadcast NCAAW games throughout the season, but it will be limited to the games ESPN channel broadcasts. They may show more of the UConn games on SNY because of Aaliyah Edwards. Possibly more of South Carolina too because of Amihere. However, in comparison, our access to NCAAW is very limited.

ESPN+, SEC, ACC Network etc., aren't accessible unless you're willing to go through "other channels" to get access. Cable companies offer College package option. I've found the basketball coverage skewed towards the men's game however.

Sling, YouTubeTV aren't available because they compete with Canadian streaming services the cable companies offer. Don't believe Hulu is an option either. BIG 10+, FloSports are the only legal streaming options in Canada that I know of. Or you find live streams from some of the teams that make them available for no charge.

It's a matter of whether how far are you willing to go to watch NCAAW. It's getting better, but compared to what to the US, it has a long way to go.

I already felt kinda sorry for you because of the lack of good eating up in Canada compared to down here, now this????

Reaction Score
I already felt kinda sorry for you because of the lack of good eating up in Canada compared to down here, now this????

Oh don't you worry about the eats up here ;). We hold our own up here, although I will apologize for the origins of Hawaiian pizza. I still laugh when people look at me confused about poutine though. I seriously thought that would be considered awesome in the US.

I used to feel the same way you do about food when it came to beer and travelling to the US when I was younger. Found it hilarious when my friends would ask that I bring cases with me. I remember one July 4th long weekend, my Canadian disappeared faster than the keg the hosts paid for! Glad that's changed and that the craft beer market is alive and well.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Are you not able to use a VPN to access geography-limited content?

Reaction Score
Are you not able to use a VPN to access geography-limited content?
A VPN only addresses the geography component. Accessing streaming services in the US like ESPN+, YouTubeTV etc., is still the issue because of Canadian regulations.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A VPN only addresses the geography component. Accessing streaming services in the US like ESPN+, YouTubeTV etc., is still the issue because of Canadian regulations.

Well just move to Tobacco Road from Nov-First weekend of April.... Problem solved.

Oh don't you worry about the eats up here ;). We hold our own up here, although I will apologize for the origins of Hawaiian pizza. I still laugh when people look at me confused about poutine though. I seriously thought that would be considered awesome in the US.

I used to feel the same way you do about food when it came to beer and travelling to the US when I was younger. Found it hilarious when my friends would ask that I bring cases with me. I remember one July 4th long weekend, my Canadian disappeared faster than the keg the hosts paid for! Glad that's changed and that the craft beer market is alive and well.

Poutine is basically french fries covered in Gravy and Cheese? Sounds full of calories, trans fats, sodium, grease, and generally very unhealthy. :eek::eek:

I'll be trying some next week.

Reaction Score
Well just move to Tobacco Road from Nov-First weekend of April.... Problem solved.

Poutine is basically french fries covered in Gravy and Cheese? Sounds full of calories, trans fats, sodium, grease, and generally very unhealthy. :eek::eek:

I'll be trying some next week.
The cheese is the critical part. Curds, like those from Wisconsin would be a close second to the curds you can get from Quebec.

I would also believe you'd be the type who would enjoy Montreal Smoked Meat, which is very popular. Have that shredded and mixed in with the gravy......delish.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The cheese is the critical part. Curds, like those from Wisconsin would be a close second to the curds you can get from Quebec.

I would also believe you'd be the type who would enjoy Montreal Smoked Meat, which is very popular. Have that shredded and mixed in with the gravy......delish.

Never really knew what curds were.. I remember reading about Little Miss Muffett eating them as a kid. Are they just lumps of soft cheese?

Im a big fan of smoked meat.... I have seen Montreal seasoning in the stores.. is that related?

Reaction Score
Never really knew what curds were.. I remember reading about Little Miss Muffett eating them as a kid. Are they just lumps of soft cheese?

Im a big fan of smoked meat.... I have seen Montreal seasoning in the stores.. is that related?
Yes it is, but it isn't the same as getting it from a deli that does it right.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes it is, but it isn't the same as getting it from a deli that does it right.

Ok, I was thinking that it was something that came hot off of a woodfire grill.... like bbq.... so its more along the lines of a sandwich meat?

Reaction Score
Ok, I was thinking that it was something that came hot off of a woodfire grill.... like bbq.... so its more along the lines of a sandwich meat?

A better description for it is that it's like a corned beef/pastrami. But the spices can be used with other meats like steaks, etc. I have a friend who do awesome steaks on a grill with the spices. My preference is for the sandwich or to use it in poutine when in QC.

Reaction Score
I wonder how Syracuse fans watch their games then.
All depends on whether it's being broadcast locally on a US channel that's included with your cable/satellite package. We get access to local US channels that, but the channels we get depends on the provider. It also could depend on where you are regionally.

For example, living in the Greater Toronto Area, I had Bell for satellite. The US channels I had access to were based in Boston. With Rogers, Bell's main competitor, they typically provided you channels closer to where you lived. In my case, this would be Buffalo channels however, this may have changed over the years.

If it's broadcast on ESPN exclusively, you cross your fingers and hope TSN has it as part of their broadcast schedule. Last year they were broadcasting ESPN NCAAW games on Thursday evenings and Sundays, but you couldn't bank on this happening weekly. I just checked their broadcast schedule for this Sunday and neither UConn/Arkansas or Texas/Stanford are listed on the 5 channels they have. Texas/Stanford may be available via their streaming service.

If you can afford to invest in these carrier's college sports packages, coverage is better but it's still skewed more towards MBB than WBB. I can't justify the cost on my personal budget because you can't get it on it's own without a base package.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All depends on whether it's being broadcast locally on a US channel that's included with your cable/satellite package. We get access to local US channels that, but the channels we get depends on the provider. It also could depend on where you are regionally.

For example, living in the Greater Toronto Area, I had Bell for satellite. The US channels I had access to were based in Boston. With Rogers, Bell's main competitor, they typically provided you channels closer to where you lived. In my case, this would be Buffalo channels however, this may have changed over the years.

If it's broadcast on ESPN exclusively, you cross your fingers and hope TSN has it as part of their broadcast schedule. Last year they were broadcasting ESPN NCAAW games on Thursday evenings and Sundays, but you couldn't bank on this happening weekly. I just checked their broadcast schedule for this Sunday and neither UConn/Arkansas or Texas/Stanford are listed on the 5 channels they have. Texas/Stanford may be available via their streaming service.

If you can afford to invest in these carrier's college sports packages, coverage is better but it's still skewed more towards MBB than WBB. I can't justify the cost on my personal budget because you can't get it on it's own without a base package.
I actually found your descriptions of this interesting. I just assumed that Canada got whatever we got.

But my post was just an ongoing reference to Syracuse as being located in Canada which, as we’ve discussed before is a meme on this board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A better description for it is that it's like a corned beef/pastrami. But the spices can be used with other meats like steaks, etc. I have a friend who do awesome steaks on a grill with the spices. My preference is for the sandwich or to use it in poutine when in QC.

QC ? Queen City (Charlotte) or Quebec City?

Reaction Score
I actually found your descriptions of this interesting. I just assumed that Canada got whatever we got.

But my post was just an ongoing reference to Syracuse as being located in Canada which, as we’ve discussed before is a meme on this board.
I must have missed that one. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom