One thing was really exposed last night: | The Boneyard

One thing was really exposed last night:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cut off our head and you significantly increase your odds of winning. Haith keyed on Boat, sending 3 different players and not giving him much breathing room. Plus some of those guards were tall. I'm sure the scouting report shows that Boat is our only consistent scorer.

Since its a conference game, I now feel we will be challenged much more that I thought. This strategy will be duplicated over and over again. I really am starting to feel sorry for Boat, its so unfair. On the flip side we dropped the ball on recruiting another ball handler (unless they thought our TSam, Purvis and Cassell could handling things). In fact Jalen may be thrust into a similar position next year.

All I can say is hang in there, and stay strong Boat, I feel your pain. Its going to be a long season.

Reaction Score
Cincy did more to try to take away Boat than Tulsa did, the effort to try to make plays just wasn't there tonight from him, way too passive. That was reminiscent of some of those puzzling Bazz performances where he was reluctant to push the issue.

Reaction Score
If Boat doesn't bring his "A" game, this team simply doesn't have the second or third option to pick up the slack and still beat a quality opponent. Its that simple. For whatever the reasons may have been, Boat simply looked like a shell of himself last night. As a result, this team was a shell of it itself. Sadly, that will be the theme for the remainder of the season.

Reaction Score
Cut off our head and you significantly increase your odds of winning. Haith keyed on Boat, sending 3 different players and not giving him much breathing room. Plus some of those guards were tall. I'm sure the scouting report shows that Boat is our only consistent scorer.

Since its a conference game, I now feel we will be challenged much more that I thought. This strategy will be duplicated over and over again. I really am starting to feel sorry for Boat, its so unfair. On the flip side we dropped the ball on recruiting another ball handler (unless they thought our TSam, Purvis and Cassell could handling things). In fact Jalen may be thrust into a similar position next year.

All I can say is hang in there, and stay strong Boat, I feel your pain. Its going to be a long season.

This is why I don't want to hear "next" when it comes to Stone potentially going to Wisconsin. If we land Stone, it lifts a tremendous amount of the burden from Adams next year. I think you're right in predicting that Jalen will be stuck in a similar situation. If we have a consistent low post option we can work through, it takes that much more of the onus off of our guards/wings to produce everything offensively. Brimah has made huge strides but he still really has only one post move and isn't reliable at all offensively.

Reactions: pj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC