One thing Opening Weekend showed us | The Boneyard

One thing Opening Weekend showed us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is that Yankee fans are as self-delusional as ever. To a person they all loved to maintain that it was the Sox fans that were obsessed with Yankees. They'd proclaim that there wasn't a true rivalry and the Sox were just another team to them, nothing special. Well that junk should be out the window for good after what I've seen, heard and read over the last day or so. Haven't come across a Yank fan yet who hasn't has the Sox start at the top of their list of discussion topics. Gritty win by the Sox last night, I'm getting ready to read that CHB column talking about the Sox heart and pluck.

Reaction Score
Is that Yankee fans are as self-delusional as ever. To a person they all loved to maintain that it was the Sox fans that were obsessed with Yankees. They'd proclaim that there wasn't a true rivalry and the Sox were just another team to them, nothing special. Well that junk should be out the window for good after what I've seen, heard and read over the last day or so. Haven't come across a Yank fan yet who hasn't has the Sox start at the top of their list of discussion topics. Gritty win by the Sox last night, I'm getting ready to read that CHB column talking about the Sox heart and pluck.

Since the Yanks started 0-3 too, yeah sure. The Red Sox fans have to worry about that pitching staff of theirs and not some imaginary Yanks fans they think are obsessed with them.

Reaction Score
Both teams are starting away from home. Of course it's going to be a tough start to the year. Who freaking cares...how many more games to go? 157/8?

Reaction Score

Who's the obsessed one?? Wow.............that's a waqy thread!!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

"They'd proclaim that there wasn't a true rivalry and the Sox were just another team to them, nothing special."

What idiots to you hang around with? It's the greatest rivalry in baseball, even when the Sox suck.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Since the Yanks started 0-3 too, yeah sure. The Red Sox fans have to worry about that pitching staff of theirs and not some imaginary Yanks fans they think are obsessed with them.

I have to admit I was surprised when I heard Yankee fans on WFAN taking about the Sox. That was the genesis of my OP. And despite what some might think I'm not as dumb as a stump like doggydaddy, I can worry about more than one thing simultaneously.

(simultaneous - occuring at the same time, dd)

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I have to admit I was surprised when I heard Yankee fans on WFAN taking about the Sox. That was the genesis of my OP. And despite what some might think I'm not as dumb as a stump like doggydaddy, I can worry about more than one thing simultaneously.

(simultaneous - occuring at the same time, dd)

Ahhh...the personal insults. I don't blame you. Starting 1-5 can bring out the worst in some people.

You were surprised Yankee fans would talk about the Sox? I'm curious, but where do you live? Can't be in the Connecticut, where the Sox and Yanks rivalry is as big as it gets.

Reaction Score
Ahhh...the personal insults. I don't blame you. Starting 1-5 can bring out the worst in some people.

You were surprised Yankee fans would talk about the Sox? I'm curious, but where do you live? Can't be in the Connecticut, where the Sox and Yanks rivalry is as big as it gets.

So the Sox will be 1-5 with Price, Hellickson, Moore and Shields coming to Fenway. Should be fun.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
So the Sox will be 1-5 with Price, Hellickson, Moore and Shields coming to Fenway. Should be fun.

Last year the Sox started 2-10. Then they got hot. Can this team do that as constructed? We will find out.

Reaction Score
Last year the Sox started 2-10. Then they got hot. Can this team do that as constructed? We will find out.
I think its pretty logical that most baseball fans are talking about the Sox right now. Regular season-wise they were THE big story at the end of last year and it really seems to have just picked up where they left off. To me the Sox are a car careening out of control down the highway and they had some key parts fly off in the offseason and also added a more risky driver.

At this point its 50-50 whether they are a contender or disaster in 2012.

Reaction Score
I am pretty pessimistic about the Sox this year. My frustrations are mostly with the front office, however. They did essentially nothing to address some significant problems. They lost 2 starters and sat on the sidelines as their competition strengthened themselves. They made no attempt to sign perhaps the second best reliever in all of baseball and did almost nothing to replace him. They traded away their shortstop and handed the job to a utility player. Their catching is weak with Salty and Shoppach. Who knows who will be in right field and left field this year. These next nine games will tell us a lot about what this season will bring for Boston.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I am pretty pessimistic about the Sox this year. My frustrations are mostly with the front office, however. They did essentially nothing to address some significant problems. They lost 2 starters and sat on the sidelines as their competition strengthened themselves. They made no attempt to sign perhaps the second best reliever in all of baseball and did almost nothing to replace him. They traded away their shortstop and handed the job to a utility player. Their catching is weak with Salty and Shoppach. Who knows who will be in right field and left field this year. These next nine games will tell us a lot about what this season will bring for Boston.

Add centerfield to that uncertainty. The injury to Ellsbury looked bad.

Reaction Score
Don't understand the latest move either. They had brought up Che-Hsuan Lin to fill in for Jacoby. Lin is supposed to be a very good defensive outfielder with a strong arm. The concern was would he be able to hit at the major league level. Now they send Lin down after one game and bring up Jason Repko. Jason has played at the major league level and we know that he can't hit. I don't get it.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The only thing that opening weekend has shown me (beyond Waquoit's obsession with Yankee fans) is that there is far too much season ahead for anyone to jump to any conclusions.

Reaction Score
Sometimes Sinkhole knows what he's talking about. It has been a fun weekend.

And he's mysteriously absent...

Also, Luke Scott is an assh*le (not like this is new news or anything...)

Reaction Score
Why because he did his best Curt Schilling act prior to the series? Kinda have a new found respect for MrScott now..lol:)

Reaction Score
Why because he did his best Curt Schilling act prior to the series? Kinda have a new found respect for MrScott now..lol:)

Yeah except Schilling was actually good. The only reason Luke Scott still gets MLB contracts is because he has good power. He's a poor man's Adam Dunn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Do you like the way he throws bananas into the helmets of his black teammates and brags about it, too?

Reaction Score
Tampa Is geting outplayed everywhere the last few days. Boston woke up and yes Luke Scott is an asshat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom