One Practice at a Time, One Game at a Time - Evina Westbrook | The Boneyard

One Practice at a Time, One Game at a Time - Evina Westbrook

Reaction Score
As Evina said, now it is about being completely dialed in and in the present for everything. The one thing I have been noticing about the team is how loose they are. I think they have a real sense of how good they are now, not in a cocky, easily blindsided kind of a way, but in a confident "we got this" way instead. I think they are very comfortable with each other, genuinely like and care for each other, know that somebody else has their back, and are becoming more unselfish by the game.

We are also becoming better. Every day that passes and Paige gets stronger, or gets her timing back more, or gets her lateral movement quicker, we get better. Every practice that our offense becomes more honed, more fluid, and more creative, we get better. Every defensive drill that we run, that's right, it makes us better. I don't think you are going to see any "bad" games from here on in. You may see a slow start, or a rough patch, but not a "bad" game. The defense has transformed us, the frosh are upper classmen in their heads, and our seniors are playing and acting like seniors. It ain't going to happen.

It's really hard as a fan to be patient for the next game, especially with this team, because you don't know what treats, wows, and highlights are coming in their next performance. It's about focus, grit, and determination now but it's also about being totally in the present. It's also the Last Hurrah for 3 very patient seniors who are mindfully enjoying their last practices and games. All I am saying is that Evina's statement was actually very revealing not just about her but also about the team. It's a very business like statement concerning the present and near future, one that you might make if you still had some business you wanted to finish.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom