One positive | The Boneyard

One positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm currently watching Texas Tech try to play basketball and they look a lot worse than our Huskies. So there is a D1 team from a power 5 that is even worse than us, yay small victories.

Reaction Score
not to long ago, we would compare this program to the likes of duke, kentucky, kansas, and unc. hard to find a positive comparing us to texas tech.

Reaction Score
Even though this is one of the worst season starts I have ever experienced since becoming a husky fan in the 86-87 season. I have seen 3 positives to this terrible injury ridden season. 1. These young guys are logging some minutes and getting some college experience. This will pay dividends for us down the road. This season may not be a dream season, but building blocks are being placed. 2. Jalen Adams has emerged as a go to guy. Good to have on great teams. 3. They may have put forth poor fundamentals, but their effort in the past two games has increased. They just need to get their heads on straight enough to cover the 3, stop the ball on the fast break, increase their spacing on offense, and obviously many other fundamental flaws are showing.

pj

Reaction Score
It's been a bit of a tough year so far, but I'm already in love with this team. So many new pieces and moving parts, just kinda fun to watch for me.

That's what I watch college basketball for, to see players develop and teams develop chemistry. The NBA may have a higher level of play but college ball is just more fascinating.

Reaction Score
It's been a bit of a tough year so far, but I'm already in love with this team. So many new pieces and moving parts, just kinda fun to watch for me.

I have already found myself not getting too angry about anything since the first two losses. It's a tough pill to swallow that we lost our first two home games against low mid majors but if they keep improving then whatever. Years like this prepare you for the future. I just wish Larrier and Gilbert weren't hurt to top it all off.

Reaction Score
That's what I watch college basketball for, to see players develop and teams develop chemistry. The NBA may have a higher level of play but college ball is just more fascinating.

I think my problem with this team is that they are playing an NBA style of play. No defense, players leaving to double team someone while their man is wide open. Also a lot of one on five while the other four stand around waiting for their turn. Ollie needs to have Calhoun come back and teach defense.
Having said all of that, I like some of the talent on this team More than I did last year.

Reaction Score
I think my problem with this team is that they are playing an NBA style of play. No defense, players leaving to double team someone while their man is wide open. Also a lot of one on five while the other four stand around waiting for their turn. Ollie needs to have Calhoun come back and teach defense.
Having said all of that, I like some of the talent on this team More than I did last year.

we've had good defenses under Ollie. It's the offense that has historically been an issue.

Reaction Score
we've had good defenses under Ollie. It's the offense that has historically been an issue.

Agree, but not this year. We seem to lack fundamentals. Also agree, i am encouraged by the offense except at center.

Reaction Score
Our interior D is especially soft this year.
A D2 quality white stiff should not be able to get to the rim against our front court.

Reaction Score
Is it just me, but I actually have noticed that under Ollie, even in the year we won the title, our 3 pt defense has been terrible at the beginning of the season.

Reaction Score
Enoch has always looked the part shooting the ball but today they started to go in. He has a huge upside once he gets confident and picks up the intensity of his play. The injuries are going to benefit other players and the team in the long run. Look at how Jalen has taken off. Vance and Vital are getting more comfortable and Juwan is getting some PT. Have to start making more free throws and defending the 3 better but progress is being made.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
We've won 2 of last 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads