One of The Better Things To Talk About | The Boneyard

One of The Better Things To Talk About

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Megan was great again,” Auriemma said. “She's putting together a lot of great practices and putting together a lot of really good games. … Between [Azura Stevens] and Meg, we're getting pretty settled on those seven players [in the rotation].”

Prior to her emergence, which began with 22 points last week at Temple, Walker had scored just eight points in the previous three games.

“This is the time of year you kind of see that jump from some freshmen or some players who had been struggling,” junior Katie Lou Samuelson said. “You're starting to figure out fully what [Auriemma] wants. She was going to end up on the bench and she didn't want to do that. She can really help us.” … "

Geno Auriemma Comments On UConn Brand In Wake Of Investigation Of Men's Program

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It's great the consistency extends to practices and she is earning the trust of her teammates and coaches. The true test will be when and how long she plays in the SC game. Can't wait.

Reaction Score
I wish I had established a thread in November declaring myself her #1 fanboy, because I have been/am/will be. I watched her in the first pre-season exhibition game and turned to my kid and said: wow! just the way she glided, anticipated, viewed the court. She carried herself like a superstar in the making, which is precisely what she is.

Reaction Score
It's great the consistency extends to practices and she is earning the trust of her teammates and coaches. The true test will be when and how long she plays in the SC game. Can't wait.
I'm not sure the U South Carolina game is her "true test" Im fairly sure her minutes will be minimal unless fouls become a factor. The thing she must do is BUILD on the game before--and then in the NCAA;s she'll be turned loose with KLS---LOOK OUT.

Reaction Score
“Megan was great again,” Auriemma said. “She's putting together a lot of great practices and putting together a lot of really good games. … Between [Azura Stevens] and Meg, we're getting pretty settled on those seven players [in the rotation].”

Prior to her emergence, which began with 22 points last week at Temple, Walker had scored just eight points in the previous three games.

“This is the time of year you kind of see that jump from some freshmen or some players who had been struggling,” junior Katie Lou Samuelson said. “You're starting to figure out fully what [Auriemma] wants. She was going to end up on the bench and she didn't want to do that. She can really help us.” … "

Geno Auriemma Comments On UConn Brand In Wake Of Investigation Of Men's Program

YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT WE NEED SOMETHING NEW TO TALK ABOUT--- And other than KIA I can't think of anyone better to write about than ms Megan Walker---Thanks Rocky..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I wish I had established a thread in November declaring myself her #1 fanboy, because I have been/am/will be. I watched her in the first pre-season exhibition game and turned to my kid and said: wow! just the way she glided, anticipated, viewed the court. She carried herself like a superstar in the making, which is precisely what she is.

Oh Sure ... just like you were there when The Babe called his shot; you and a million other folks. ;)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stewie struggled in the middle of the season, and Lou didn't become a starter until about this time of the year. I think Meg is finally getting it at about the same time of the year.

For those people who were concerned about Megan's shooting, she's at a solid .473 overall, a very good .429 from the arc, and an excellent .794 from the line (tops among our first 7). Though Evina Westbrook has been a starter and played far more minutes, her shooting percentages are lower: .431/.348/.600. I like OUR kid! :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, those of us from Virginia are her #1 fans. ;)

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Stewie struggled in the middle of the season, and Lou didn't become a starter until about this time of the year. I think Meg is finally getting it at about the same time of the year.

For those people who were concerned about Megan's shooting, she's at a solid .473 overall, a very good .429 from the arc, and an excellent .794 from the line (tops among our first 7). Though Evina Westbrook has been a starter and played far more minutes, her shooting percentages are lower: .431/.348/.600. I like OUR kid! :)
I've seen only a little of Evina. she's talented. But there's no freshman I would trade Meg for. Next year, look out!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I agree that the statement about Megan stringing together a number of good practices is one of most welcome statements that we have heard from Geno in the last several weeks.

But if you are looking for good news that has remained under the radar, what about the slow but steady improvement in Napheesa's offensive efficiency in recent games? She appears to be on course to get back to her performance level of last year by the end of the season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom