2024 Recruiting: - One more potential add? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: One more potential add?

Reaction Score
If AK stays in the draft I’d really like a grad transfer stretch 4 to backup Stewart for 15 mpg. Someone who wants to help us 3peat but won’t be push Abraham out of the rotation for more than a year. Is that too much to ask?

Diarra 25 / Nowell 15
Mahaney 25 / Ball 15
McNeeley 25 / Ball 10 / Ross 5
Stewart 25 / Transfer 15
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

Bench: Abraham / Singare

25: Diarra / Mahaney / Ball / McNeeley / Stew
20: Reed / Johnson
15: Nowell / Transfer
5: Ross
McNeeley and Ross would take those minutes or Abraham if he’s ready. By the end of the season the starters will be playing close to 30 plus.

Reaction Score
I keep wondering why Malik Reneau from Indiana didn't enter the portal and come to the Huskies........
Maybe he likes playing for Mike Woodson, and wouldn't want to learn a sophisticated and complex offensive scheme.

Even younger people don't always embrace change.

Reaction Score
McNeeley and Ross would take those minutes or Abraham if he’s ready. By the end of the season the starters will be playing close to 30 plus.
Nah Johnny, Ross ain’t a PF no way and It’s not McNeeleys natural position either. We need a steady vet with better size backing up stew. 15 mpg is a lot that’s what Samson was giving us this year. Cant put that on Abraham’s shoulders when we trying to 3peat.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One piece we didn't have last year is a body to guard really physical 4's, where they could back down AK at ease. No one behind AK that can really guard that kind of guy either, guys like Reneau, Ingram, etc. I would think if he did anything, it would be just to get a body for depth in the event we played a team with a really strong PF. That, or get a developmental mid major. One thing I've heard Pope is doing is holding a couple spots open for guys that enter draft, then pull out. Always good to have a spot for opportunistic reasons as you never know how things will fall these days.

lol…..Pope only had two players on his roster when he took the job. He’s only up to eight or nine now. Easy to “save” spots when you start out with 11 of them.

Also, those types of power forwards are rare these days. You make it seem like AK was getting back down all season…I remember Edey doing it.

Reaction Score
Also, those types of power forwards are rare these days. You make it seem like AK was getting back down all season…I remember Edey doing it.
For as frustrating as it was to watch Karaban struggle defensively on those few occasions (and less than his freshman year), he has tended to respond by scoring a bunch against those guys using his athletic advantage (plus he gets pissed and raises the level of his game). And the time AK didn't, Stewie came in and turned the game around.

As Stewie and McNeeley come in to assist an improving Karaban in that area, I think UConn will have plenty of recourse to better stop those guys and better take advantage of the opponent's limitations.

It does get forgotten because he has played so much, but Karaban will just be entering his upperclassman years come fall (should he return). He is still getting better.

Reaction Score
Any chance roumoglou comes back if Karaban stays in the draft? Timing is tough with the draft still a ways off, but if the timing works out and he’s still available when Karaban decides for sure, romouglou would seem to me like the ideal guy we would be looking for. Sharpshooting wing for 10-15 minutes off the bench that would provide a ton of energy, almost like a calcaterra role. Or is that a stretch to expect him to be a rotation piece like that?

Reaction Score
Any chance roumoglou comes back if Karaban stays in the draft? Timing is tough with the draft still a ways off, but if the timing works out and he’s still available when Karaban decides for sure, romouglou would seem to me like the ideal guy we would be looking for. Sharpshooting wing for 10-15 minutes off the bench that would provide a ton of energy, almost like a calcaterra role. Or is that a stretch to expect him to be a rotation piece like that?

I think Roumoglou can play... But why would he get those minutes when we already have guys like Ross and Abraham who aren't getting minutes as is?

Reaction Score
Nah Johnny, Ross ain’t a PF no way and It’s not McNeeleys natural position either. We need a steady vet with better size backing up stew. 15 mpg is a lot that’s what Samson was giving us this year. Cant put that on Abraham’s shoulders when we trying to 3peat.
I am pretty sure I read here on the TB that Abraham was forced to take more minutes last year because a five star teammate got hurt. That forced Abraham to defend the opposite team's best forward. And from what I read, he acquitted himself quite well. If this kid can play defense at that level (defending 5 star recruits), he can play 15 minutes a game. I will make one disclaimer: I have not watched him play. This is all from the stuff I have read. But if true, then I believe my take to be true as well.

Reaction Score
I think Roumoglou can play... But why would he get those minutes when we already have guys like Ross and Abraham who aren't getting minutes as is?
honestly forgot about Abraham lol. Without him, romouglou makes a lot more sense, but guess the combination between him and Ross changes that (I do think glou at least beats out Ross but probs just barely).

Reaction Score
So if AK stays in the draft, do we absolutely have to bring someone in through the portal, or can we gamble that the group currently here can do the job?

Reaction Score
So if AK stays in the draft, do we absolutely have to bring someone in through the portal, or can we gamble that the group currently here can do the job?

There was an interview with Hurley the other day where he basically said if we lose AK, we'd look to bring in a 4 and that there is a plan of sorts in place. While AK may elect to stay in the draft, there are a few stretch 4 types going through the same process who I would imagine would not stay and elect to do one more year in college (Prior, Hawkins?)

Reaction Score
Wow I’m glad you cleared that up for all of us because who knew.
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

Reaction Score
Unless he gets an ironclad promise , or close to one from Hurley on increased PT, not sure it would make sense for him to return.

Too lazy to search it, but that all purpose guy from USF sounds like a good replacement for AK, if AK doesn't return, and if the USF guy is still available then.

Reaction Score
There was an interview with Hurley the other day where he basically said if we lose AK, we'd look to bring in a 4 and that there is a plan of sorts in place. While AK may elect to stay in the draft, there are a few stretch 4 types going through the same process who I would imagine would not stay and elect to do one more year in college (Prior, Hawkins?)

In addition to Pryor (USF) and Hawkins (who I assume will return to Illinois if he comes back), Achor Achor from Samford and Toppin from New Mexico would be great targets. They're all going through the NBA draft process right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if all four ended up returning to school.

Reaction Score
In addition to Pryor (USF) and Hawkins (who I assume will return to Illinois if he comes back), Achor Achor from Samford and Toppin from New Mexico would be great targets. They're all going through the NBA draft process right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if all four ended up returning to school.
Don't think Hawkins would return to Illinois based on his comments on Field of 68, he left a return to them on the table but said he knows they have younger guys that need to play now and he wouldn't want to mess with their playing time

Reaction Score
Any guy opting to return to school after the nba camp should be paying UConn Nil. The coaching and the exposure they will get can only help their nba chances next year.

Reaction Score
Any guy opting to return to school after the nba camp should be paying UConn Nil. The coaching and the exposure they will get can only help their nba chances next year.

What?

Reaction Score
/joke…..point is that we should be the preffered destination of guys leaving the draft…sheesh

I've been administering state testing for the past week. All day, every day. Don't judge me. My brain is barely functioning.

Reaction Score
/joke…..point is that we should be the preffered destination of guys leaving the draft…sheesh
I get it, you should be paying us for the privilege of this experience. You aren't wrong.

Reaction Score
I've been administering state testing for the past week. All day, every day. Don't judge me. My brain is barely functioning.
mind numbing, one of the reasons I left teaching 40 years ago.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom