One final Stewie, Mo & Morgan record...!! | The Boneyard

One final Stewie, Mo & Morgan record...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Stewie Mo & Tuck.jpg

As the new basketball season starts with First Night this evening, a final visit to one of UConn's finest threesome is in order. Most UConn fans would not be surprised to find out Stewie, Mo & Morgan finished their careers with the most wins ever, over 4 years. However, many Husky devotes might be amazed to find out UConn has the top 8 win totals. :cool: Here they are in order:

1. Stewie, Mo & Morgan 151-5
2. Maya, Dixon 150-4
3. Hayes (2008-12) 147-7
4. Green, McLarren... 146-6
5. KML, Stokes 146-10
6. 1999-2003 144-5
7. Dolson, Hartley 144-11
8. Doty, Farris, Buck 143-11

It is not until you get to #9 (ok, tied for 8th) and #10 that some school called Notre Dame has a listing. ;) McBride & Anchonwa were 143-10 and Mabrey, Cable & Huffman went 141-8.

For the record, the current UConn seniors, Chong & Lawlor are 116-1 through three years. Winning 36 games this season would set a new record for total wins in 4 seasons. :D

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

HGN

Reaction Score
View attachment 16168

As the new basketball season starts with First Night this evening, a final visit to one of UConn's finest threesome is in order. Most UConn fans would not be surprised to find out Stewie, Mo & Morgan finished their careers with the most wins ever, over 4 years. However, many Husky devotes might be amazed to find out UConn has the top 8 win totals. :cool: Here they are in order:

2. Maya, Dixon 150-4
3. Hayes (2008-12) 147-7
5. KML, Stokes 146-10
6. 1999-2003 144-5

It is not until you get to #9 (ok, tied for 8th) and #10 that some school called Notre Dame has a listing. ;) McBride & Anchonwa were 143-10 and Mabrey, Cable & Huffman went 141-8.

For the record, the current UConn seniors, Chong & Lawlor are 116-1 through three years. Winning 36 games this season would set a new record for total wins in 4 seasons. :D

Go Huskies..!!
David , its interesting that you mentioned Saniya and TLAW at 116--1. I wonder has any player , or team ever had seniors , start their senior year with ONLY one(1) loss and two(2) Undefeated years under their belt ? I don't know if UCONN can get 36 wins this year as you pointed out , but its going to be one heck of season. And the other funny irony is , Saniya started the game in which UCONN sustained that one lone loss , and will probably start this season at guard as well.

LET'S GO HUSKIES !!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
View attachment 16168

As the new basketball season starts with First Night this evening, a final visit to one of UConn's finest threesome is in order. Most UConn fans would not be surprised to find out Stewie, Mo & Morgan finished their careers with the most wins, ever over 4 years. However, many Husky devotes might be amazed to find out UConn has the top 8 win totals. :cool: Here they are in order:

2. Maya, Dixon 150-4
3. Hayes (2008-12) 147-7
5. KML, Stokes 146-10
6. 1999-2003 144-5

Go Huskies..!!

Thanks David for the post. People say that records are made to be broken, that's true. But some old records are still standing tall and firm, waiting to be broken.....Joe DiMaggio's 75 year old record of getting a base hit in 56 consecutive games set in 1941, Barry Bond's 756 career home run mark, Ted Williams' .406 batting average set in 1941. Nolan Ryan's 7 career no-hitters, and the "Iron man", Cal Ripkin, Jr's 19 year old record of playing in 2,632 consecutive MLB games (1981-1997) surpassing Lou Gehrig's streak of 2,130 that had stood for 56 years.

All of these records have the unique distinction of being thought of as "Records that will never be broken". Suffice it to say, None of these records will be broken in our life times. Let's add 1 more record to this list. The 4 consecutive NCAA Women's Division 1 National Basketball Championships that UConn has won over the last 4 years.

No four year class can break that record, they can only tie it. A school can of course break the record of 4 consecutive by winning 5 championships in a row. In my humble opinion, I believe UConn's new record of 4 in-a-row, will stand the test of time. The fact that it has been done removes the impossibility of it being done. However the improbability of it happening again still remains. Only a few people are lucky enough to be in the right place, at the right time to witness history being made.

Over the last 4 years, we saw history being made right in front of our eyes. The great thing about it, was we knew what we were watching was in fact a series of events that would be record setting, and no doubt last for decades. What a wonderful "E" ticket ride that was. One we'll never forget. As that old actor, comedian, singer, author and athlete, Bob Hope would say......."Thanks for the memories" UConn. We (UConn Nation) enjoyed every moment of it. :)

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Question Carnac:

What exactly is the record that Ted Williams holds with his .406 batting average
There's Hugh Duffy with .440
and Ty Cobb with .420 among quite a few others

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Thanks David for the post. People say that records are made to be broken, that's true. But some old records are still standing tall and firm, waiting to be broken.....Joe DiMaggio's 75 year old record of getting a base hit in 56 consecutive games set in 1941, Barry Bond's 756 career home run mark, Ted Williams' .406 batting average set in 1941. Nolan Ryan's 7 career no-hitters, and the "Iron man", Cal Ripkin, Jr's 19 year old record of playing in 2,632 consecutive MLB games (1981-1997) surpassing Lou Gehrig's streak of 2,130 that had stood for 56 years.

Coincidentally or ironically or whatever, you're citing records set recently after breaking records that were previously thought unbreakable :)

And, as msf22b points out, Ted Williams's isn't the highest single-season batting average. He is simply the most recent person to hit above .400. :)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Coincidentally or ironically or whatever, you're citing records set recently after breaking records that were previously thought unbreakable :)

And, as msf22b points out, Ted Williams's isn't the highest single-season batting average. He is simply the most recent person to hit above .400. :)

Thank you gentlemen. Upon further review, I stand corrected. I mis-understood Williams' .406 BA in 1941 to be a record. As I recall, the last person to come close was the late HOF Tony Gwynn with a .394 in 1994.

To be honest, I had never heard of Hugh Duffy. I have now. Ty Cobb, I know of. Even though I'll throw out a stat once in a while, I'm not a stats geek. I never have been. I only refer to them when it suits my purpose.
I usually double check my stats for accuracy before I hit send. The Williams reference was done from memory. As I think back now, the factoid about his record is that no one has done it since. :confused:
With that being said, I'll substitute the name of "Hugh Duffy" for Ted Williams, in my post and move on. The fact that you caught my error means you read my post thoroughly, for that I say thanks. :)

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I checked how Tennessee did. Their best was 134 wins and 10 losses.

Stanford has peaks at 137 wins and 10 losses.

Nykesha Sales had 136 wins and 8 losses

Diana had 139 wins and 8 losses.

150 wins over four seasons is crazy. That means averaging 37.5 wins over that stretch.

Reaction Score
Bonds had 762 steroid enhanced home runs.You should have taken more than 6 away from him Carnac.lol
Yes it is more likely than not that Bonds used PED's. He was not alone in the era nor was it in my opinion a small and insignificant number. Say what you will, MLB knew or should have known and they wanted the hype of Canseco, McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, ARod, et al hitting a lot of balls a long way. It put fannies in the seats. No one wanted to give up the almighty dollar to clean it up. And remember in an earlier era the so called greenies were available like M & M's in every locker. Different drug, still an enhancer. The HOF should simply accept the performances and put up a plaque to acknowledge the era for what it was and move on

Reaction Score
Yes it is more likely than not that Bonds used PED's. He was not alone in the era nor was it in my opinion a small and insignificant number. Say what you will, MLB knew or should have known and they wanted the hype of Canseco, McGwire, Sosa, Bonds, ARod, et al hitting a lot of balls a long way. It put fannies in the seats. No one wanted to give up the almighty dollar to clean it up. And remember in an earlier era the so called greenies were available like M & M's in every locker. Different drug, still an enhancer. The HOF should simply accept the performances and put up a plaque to acknowledge the era for what it was and move on
it is unequivocally certain that Bonds used PEDs. Beyond the incredibly damning BALCO evidence, do you really believe "flax seed oil" increased his hat size by 3 sizes? Agree all those others used too, plus many more. One solution is just legalize PEDs - then I would support letting the cheaters into the HOF. Otherwise Barry can burn in hell for all I care.

Reaction Score
it is unequivocally certain that Bonds used PEDs. Beyond the incredibly damning BALCO evidence, do you really believe "flax seed oil" increased his hat size by 3 sizes? Agree all those others used too, plus many more. One solution is just legalize PEDs - then I would support letting the cheaters into the HOF. Otherwise Barry can burn in hell for all I care.
"Burn in hell". That's kind of harsh. Cheating seems to be the American way.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Bonds had 762 steroid enhanced home runs.You should have taken more than 6 away from him Carnac.lol

I'm not having a good week. As I said. I don't follow MLB anymore. So I'm going to have to double check my numbers before I press send, and stop relying on my memory.

I think Bonds was juicing too, but his 762 HRs are recognized by MLB.

Reaction Score
I'm not having a good week. As I said. I don't follow MLB anymore. So I'm going to have to double check my numbers before I press send, and stop relying on my memory.

I think Bonds was juicing too, but his 762 HRs are recognized by MLB.
First, there is in the legal sense a great circumstantial case that Bonds used but as far as I know he never tested positive. Maybe his people just stayed ahead of the testing people. Second is that he is a lightning rod for being a jerk and a less than sympathetic (even perhaps pathetic) personality. Third is if considered in the abstract he likely had HOF stats before he started any PED's. Finally is that the only group that does not wish to recognize anything that he had accomplished is the baseball writers who based on current evidence will never vote him into the HOF.

Reaction Score
"Burn in hell". That's kind of harsh. Cheating seems to be the American way.
Yeah, possibly a little harsh. Maybe, "I'm not a sympathizer and don't care if that defiant, good-for-nothing a**h*le ever gets into the HOF" would have sufficed :D

Wonder how may home runs Babe Ruth would have hit with highly-elevated testosterone & HGH levels, a 162-game season, and a bunch of playoff games before the World Series every year.

Reaction Score
Yeah, possibly a little harsh. Maybe, "I'm not a sympathizer and don't care if that defiant, good-for-nothing a**h*le ever gets into the HOF" would have sufficed :D

Wonder how may home runs Babe Ruth would have hit with highly-elevated testosterone & HGH levels, a 162-game season, and a bunch of playoff games before the World Series every year.
I say let him in. He's one of the greatest of all times. A lot of players have cheated. Let's not act holier than thou. School Girl.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Let's look past the fact that Bonds was not a lovable player. He was despised in his own locker room, and remains one of the most disliked players among sports writers to this day. The truth is he never tested positive. As billnaples said, he was a HOF-er before his projected starting point for juicing. But baseball's hypocritical view on this is incredible. Attendance during this period was through the roof, and the owners reaped the benefit of this. The more HR's Sosa and McGwire and Bonds hit, the more the fans loved it. No one is asking the owners to give back that money. Steroids were not strictly illegal during that period, and they were allowed if given a prescription. Now we will watch baseball slowly fade to a second tier sport that refuses to adapt to modernity. Yeah, Ruth hit HR's on hotdogs and beer, but the type of ball played then and the type of players allowed to participate is open to question. But he was a product of his times as much as Bonds. To me Bonds deserves the HOF as well as Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom