One field goal in the final 6 minutes, 23 seconds! | The Boneyard

One field goal in the final 6 minutes, 23 seconds!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team allows you to go to the bathroom, make a snack, return a phone call and perform other tasks while not missing any scoring.

These droughts are a huge problem and if not fixed there is no way we can talk NCAA seeding. People can look to one player's mistake all they want but who can we expect to beat with this offensive ineptitude? Our defense and ugly basketball (thanks in part to Cincy on the other side) kept it close.

What's more amazing is we are not getting blown out with these scoring droughts.

Time for drastic measures Coach, anyone on the team can miss shots.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This has been a consistent issue all season. That's the reason for falling behind to teams like Gonzaga, Syracuse and Maryland. Those are the clear examples of getting down big. They have those offensive lulls and the other teams are able to enhance their lead or make a comeback. The defense is better now, but the offense still goes to sleep by wasting possessions, throwing the ball away, committing dumb fouls, poor shot clock managment, or just missing shots for a period of time.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Two shot clock violations are what bothers me. We also get the shots we want around the rim but never finish(purvis and Gibbs). Miller needs the ball every possession. He needs to take between 15-20 shots every game. He gets every shot he wants. He should get the ball on the block almost every time or if he's got a slower guy on him let him face up. When adams comes in, him and hamilton should run the offense and let Gibbs play off the ball. Gibbs rarely feeds miller the ball. And we need brimah back asap, hopefully it'll help hamilton and our defense

Reaction Score
One of the most frustrating things about this season is how many games where this team couldnt play a full 40 minutes with these long scoring droughts. I just dont understand.

Reaction Score
Round of applause for Kevin Ollie's offense! I kid, I kid. KO obviously shoulders a lot of blame; he desperately needs an assistant who can coach and diagram offensive plays. But the reality is, Calhoun wasn't an offensive genius either (defense and motivation were his biggest calling cards). He just had guys who were excellent players and could bail the offense out when it stagnated.

KO doesn't have that. Simple. (To me.)

Reaction Score
This team allows you to go to the bathroom, make a snack, return a phone call and perform other tasks while not missing any scoring.

These droughts are a huge problem and if not fixed there is no way we can talk NCAA seeding. People can look to one player's mistake all they want but who can we expect to beat with this offensive ineptitude? Our defense and ugly basketball (thanks in part to Cincy on the other side) kept it close.

What's more amazing is we are not getting blown out with these scoring droughts.

Time for drastic measures Coach, anyone on the team can miss shots.
I have never seen a team miss so many point blank shots , especially lay-ups on a consistent basis.
Purvis can get to the rim but probably has a 30% finish rate. Nolan is good for taking a charge once in a while. Hamilton continues to take wild and crazy shots, instead of getting all the way to the rim. Miller needs the ball in his hands when it's crunch time, he's a force down low, can finish, and make free throws. Adams makes critical errors and doesn't have the poise to be playing when the game is on the line.
I agree the defense keeps games close but they still need major work on the perimeter. The whole team loves to chip down low and leave their man wide open for threes ALL the time.
What makes them so frustrating, is watching them excel during a game, slowly digress away from what was working and turn themselves into a complicated mess of isolation madness, horrible shots and one-v-one ball hogging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Round of applause for Kevin Ollie's offense! I kid, I kid. KO obviously shoulders a lot of blame; he desperately needs an assistant who can coach and diagram offensive plays. But the reality is, Calhoun wasn't an offensive genius either (defense and motivation were his biggest calling cards). He just had guys who were excellent players and could bail the offense out when it stagnated.

KO doesn't have that. Simple. (To me.)

JC had Blaney as did KO for one year.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Worst Uconn offense that I can honestly recall, and I don't say that lightly. Great D, putrid offense. We don't play to our strengths and we constantly expose ourselves.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
How many shot-clock-violations were there?

That wouldn't even tell the whole story. So many shots were put up in desperation at the end of the shot clock.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
That wouldn't even tell the whole story. So many shots were put up in desperation at the end of the shot clock.
That wouldn't even tell the whole story. How many times were we stripped trying to do our best Steph Curry impression with the shot clock dwindling

Reaction Score
That wouldn't even tell the whole story. How many times were we stripped trying to do our best Steph Curry impression with the shot clock dwindling

perfect! and so true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3