One Badass Award vs. Dayton. . . | The Boneyard

One Badass Award vs. Dayton. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . has to go to Katie Lou Samuelson. :) Hey, 29 points PLUS rebounds, assists and floor burns. We can accommodate one more. (Dayton was unranked, so only a two-Badass opponent.)

Don't everybody speak at once, but make the case for Gabby or Napheesa for Badass Award #2.

I'm listening. GO! ;)

Reaction Score
I like having just one. Gabby would have been my choice - not based on stats (although the double-double could make a case). But I could support KLS for an undiluted singular badass award tonight.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It was a good team effort, but I have to go with KLS on this one. Might she secure her name on the HoH wall? Only time will tell, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised.
Pope

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Real good game
Looked like UConn

KLS, Gabby Pheesa, the kid were just fine

Was thinking, that's the new big 4.
Then Kia steeped up.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Great team win and while again not exactly stuffing the stat sheet Kia was her usually tough as nails player. Collier was impressive as she continues to collect blocks and has her FT stroke going again, and it was great to see Gabby not make the boneheaded fouls and play a great all around game - her assists (which all came in the first half) were beautiful. And in the second half her teammates were returning the favors!

But yeah - I am ok with Katie Lou getting the award - she always has that sweet slightly goofy smile on her face, but when she gets it right I like seeing the nasty coming out! She's got some DT in her with her primal screams and fist pumps!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
This was a good game. I have 3 choices, but the number 1 pick and winner is Lou. She had 29 points, and was very active on the floor.

My second award goes to Gabby. Gabby added 19 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assist with no fouls.
Coming in at 3rd place, is Napheesa. Napheesa had 22 points, and she was hustling with the rebounds.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Lou as the primary Badass is a reasonable choice. Setting a career high in points is a good criterion. Gabby and Napheesa also made a strong case. I'd consider one other player. Here's a hint:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
NINE assists for Crystal:

screen-shot-2014-10-20-at-9-46-32-am.jpg

Reaction Score
OMG, after what I saw tonight, I think Crystal is the best passer on the team. Especially on fast breaks. And it only took her 4 games. Anyone beg to differ?
Nope, no disagreement here. I really like the look away pass to Kia on the fast break for the easy layup.

Reaction Score
There is one problem with Crystal's passing.... the other UCONN players don't have enough eyes. They have to run down court at full speed, dodging the other team's players and now they have to watch behind them and aside them for passes from Crystal. And................. and................ get ready to make a pass of their own or try to make a shot. Just doesn't seem fair of Crystal to be making these pinpoint bounce or lob passes. She is turning Gampel Arena into a dangerous court. Okay, now I understand her last name. Nevermind. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nope, no disagreement here. I really like the look away pass to Kia on the fast break for the easy layup.

The scary thing is the more games she plays, the more refined (fine tuned) her overall game will evolve to.

Geno is putting her in earlier now in the first quarter. She has become the spark off the bench that Gabby was last year. She's getting better at giving her teammates passes in good positions that allow them to take good shots.

I was extremely impressed with the two passes she threaded to a teammate filling the lane on fast breaks. Those were do or die, high risk, high reward plays that she made look easy. She gave somebody a no look pass that made reminded me of Magic Johnson. Crystal is fast becoming one of my favorite players, Collier being the other. Carnac likes what Crystal Dangerfield brings to the table thus far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog