One Adjustment Going Forward… | The Boneyard

One Adjustment Going Forward…

Reaction Score
If we posted our guards more in the half court set that would eliminate our half court bog downs! CW, EW, and even Paige are great post up guards. Look for this more in close games in big moments going forward.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
If we posted our guards more in the half court set that would eliminate our half court bog downs! CW, EW, and even Paige are great post up guards. Look for this more in close games in big moments going forward.
I hope Geno is paying attention to the BY.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
1637972526923.png

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
Yes! I like where this is going.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Looking at the team, in order for a guard to post up, a post must clear out to make room. None of our posts have demonstrated a consistent ability to generate an outside threat in game situations. So you want to take the posts and move them to where they are not a threat allowing their defensive men to sag off them. Then send your primary ball handler and leader in assists (Paige) into the middle to await a pass from someone. Or you want to take away the mobility from your smallest player who is a slasher (CW) to be stationary underneath. Evina can post up particularly with a small guard, but she is currently hitting 3's at 53% rate. That will certainly disrupt the defensive plans of the other team

Reaction Score
Looking at the team, in order for a guard to post up, a post must clear out to make room. None of our posts have demonstrated a consistent ability to generate an outside threat in game situations. So you want to take the posts and move them to where they are not a threat allowing their defensive men to sag off them. Then send your primary ball handler and leader in assists (Paige) into the middle to await a pass from someone. Or you want to take away the mobility from your smallest player who is a slasher (CW) to be stationary underneath. Evina can post up particularly with a small guard, but she is currently hitting 3's at 53% rate. That will certainly disrupt the defensive plans of the other team
Thanks for comments…everyone thought I was off early last year when I suggested they move Nika into the starting point guard position to allow the offense to flow better…turns out I wasn’t cray. Good teams are not going to allow Paige to do what she did last year. They are going to double hear and jump screens. SC is showing the blue print. And because we haven’t shown the ability to consistently knock down out side shots by the other guards, one of the ways to eliminate that is to post them more. Gino has done this from time to with Ev and CW. And the post would only have to clear to the Free Throw line or one side of the floor. Just saying I believe they should do it more when their offense stalls.

Reaction Score
Y’all said the same thing last year when I said Nika should be the point guard early last year! Guess I wasn’t wrong then. So I’ll stick with my observation!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom