Reaction Score
Castle one of the biggest risers:

And a new 5 star:

Stephon Castle

Height/Weight: 6-5/185
School: Covington (GA) Newton High
Committed: UConn
Ranking: No. 11
Stephon Castle was as consistent of a standout as there was on the UAA Next Circuit this Summer. The 6-foot-5 Castle toggled between primary initiator and wing finisher, all the while showcasing versatility and competitive nature. Castle averaged 16.5 points and 5.7 rebounds for the Atlanta Xpress, and then he followed that up with an outstanding performance at the October USA Basketball Junior Minicamp.

Reaction Score
Other than Drummond, has any other Husky been ranked higher?
Rudy Gay, Villanueva, and I think Kemba were all higher? Not all the databases were around back then but I know those guys were very highly ranked.

Reaction Score
Wish he joined the team this Fall instead of next year...

Reaction Score
Wish he joined the team this Fall instead of next year...
let it go GIF

;)

Reaction Score
Rudy Gay, Villanueva, and I think Kemba were all higher? Not all the databases were around back then but I know those guys were very highly ranked.
Kemba was a McDonalds All-American. Posterized Jrue Holiday in the game.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I believe Alex Oriakhi was up there too, or close to it.

Reaction Score
Castle one of the biggest risers:

And a new 5 star:

Stephon Castle

Height/Weight: 6-5/185
School: Covington (GA) Newton High
Committed: UConn
Ranking: No. 11
Stephon Castle was as consistent of a standout as there was on the UAA Next Circuit this Summer. The 6-foot-5 Castle toggled between primary initiator and wing finisher, all the while showcasing versatility and competitive nature. Castle averaged 16.5 points and 5.7 rebounds for the Atlanta Xpress, and then he followed that up with an outstanding performance at the October USA Basketball Junior Minicamp.

Well-deserved. Kid is a dog on the court. Great size for PG and a skillset that is rapidly, rapidly improving. He was a terrible shooter 18 months ago, and is shooting off the dribble consistently lately.

Reaction Score
Stewart continues to be criminally underrated. I firmly believe he will be the best college player of the bunch.
Yea, I laughed out loud when I saw that. I am not saying he is a top 5-10 guy, but I find it hard to believe there are that many players better than him in the country

Reaction Score

SF Stephon Castle (UConn)

On3 150 ranking: No. 11
Next highest ranking: No. 23 (247Sports/ESPN)
Industry comparison
Stephon Castle’s competitive spirit may be his stand-out trait. He is a 6-foot-5 guard who simply keeps coming at you through the course of the game. Whether he’s guarding the opposing team’s best player or gathering the necessary rebound, Castle seems to be making plays. He showed with the Atlanta XPress on the UAA Next Circuit he was comfortable playing on or off the ball. He touches the paint, and he can finish plays. Castle is continuing to improve his shooting, but from circuit play to USA minicamp, to NBPA Top 100 camp, Castle has consistently been a standout among his peers.

Reaction Score
Donyell, Taliek, Rudy Gay, Charlie V, Rip, El-Amin, Stanley Robinson, Kemba, Daniel Hamilton, DeAndre Daniels, Caron but a couple of sites didn't evaluate him.
Love you, but no. Rip, Stanley, Hamilton, Donyell, Taliek were not that high. Khalid was somewhere around there, I don’t think Kemba was top 10. Caron wasn’t “ranked” because he was a 5th year. I think legit only Rudy and CV were higher.

That said, I’ve consistently said for the record I don’t care about rankings so maybe I just exposed myself lol

Reaction Score
Love you, but no. Rip, Stanley, Hamilton, Donyell, Taliek were not that high. Khalid was somewhere around there, I don’t think Kemba was top 10. Caron wasn’t “ranked” because he was a 5th year. I think legit only Rudy and CV were higher.

That said, I’ve consistently said for the record I don’t care about rankings so maybe I just exposed myself lol
Well......

Taliek was exactly about the same range. 10-15 (overall 10).

Caron was top 10 by the sites that ranked post grads (although most didn't at that time).

Rip was mid teens. Think Khalid was the same.

As you said, Sticks and Hamilton definitely weren't this high (compared to #11 that the original question was about).

I can't remember exactly on Donyell. Think he was just outside the top 10. Low to mid teens? Anyone remember that far back?

Kemba was a little lower. Low teens to low 20s (overall 15).

But whatever. Doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
By 247’s scale he’s at 10. 9 when you consider Bynum never came here

Reaction Score

Donyell was a Parade All-American, he was one of the top 5 high schoolers in the country. Taliek was 10th in the country, Kemba was either 11th or 15th in the country, Oriakhi's was 16th in the country, Daniel Hamilton was 17th, Stanley was 18th. I can't find Rip and Khalid's because they played so long ago but they were low teens McDonald's All-Americans off of memory. These are all composites so they were lower in some of the rankings and higher in some of them. Castle is #11 now for the new On3 site and his composite is #20, hopefully he ends up a McDonald's all-American.

Reaction Score

BIG EAST

CG Stephon Castle, UConn (No. 23)
SG Solomon Ball
, UConn (No. 38)
PG
Trey Green, Xavier (No. 65)
SF Jaylin Stewart
, UConn (No. 78)
SG Garwey Dual
, Providence (No. 88)

Sleeper: SF
Dailyn Swain, Xavier

Analysis: Connecticut will hold the highest expectations in the Big East when it comes to the class of 2023. UConn's five man class ranks No. 4 nationally. Stephon Castle's’ scoring ability along with Solomon Ball's athleticism and defense will draw a lot of eyes for the Huskies. Garwey Dual is a late bloomer with tremendous length and upside who can come into his own under Ed Cooley during his time with the Friars. In his first year of recruiting at Villanova, new head coach Kyle Neptune has yet to land a commitment after keeping together a top 25 class in 2022. In addition to the Huskies, Xavier and Marquette are also inking classes that rank among the top 20 nationally.

3 of the top 4 in the Big East according to 247Sports.com.

Reaction Score

BIG EAST

CG Stephon Castle, UConn (No. 23)
SG Solomon Ball
, UConn (No. 38)
PG
Trey Green, Xavier (No. 65)
SF Jaylin Stewart
, UConn (No. 78)
SG Garwey Dual
, Providence (No. 88)

Sleeper: SF
Dailyn Swain, Xavier

Analysis: Connecticut will hold the highest expectations in the Big East when it comes to the class of 2023. UConn's five man class ranks No. 4 nationally. Stephon Castle's’ scoring ability along with Solomon Ball's athleticism and defense will draw a lot of eyes for the Huskies. Garwey Dual is a late bloomer with tremendous length and upside who can come into his own under Ed Cooley during his time with the Friars. In his first year of recruiting at Villanova, new head coach Kyle Neptune has yet to land a commitment after keeping together a top 25 class in 2022. In addition to the Huskies, Xavier and Marquette are also inking classes that rank among the top 20 nationally.

3 of the top 4 in the Big East according to 247Sports.com.

I'm interested in how Nova's recruiting will be now that Wright is gone. It was huge that Neptune was able to keep Whitmore and Armstrong committed but they don't have anyone for '23 and they don't seem to be seriously linked to any top players.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom