On3 Updated 2024 Recruiting Rankings | The Boneyard

On3 Updated 2024 Recruiting Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
F4B560A1-A349-4838-BB9A-0807087F8108.jpeg
0AAF1EFB-D4BD-42EE-878E-E7915C10A27A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Of note:

Fland: #7
Sherrell: #10
Bethea: #14
Betsey: #15
Abraham: #26
Swartz #28
Givens #31
Ngongba #37
Bol #42
Nowell #58

My opinion:

Too high: Fland, Sherrell, Bethea, Abraham

About right: Betsey, Swartz, Givens, Ngongba, Bol

Too Low: Nowell

Reaction Score
Abraham 26 wow. @husky429 thoughts?

On3 is awful at basketball rankings. Honestly, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm not going to talk about a high schooler, because the kid is still a really, really good player. But he has not played like anything close to a borderline 5* player in the past year. He deserves high-major looks, but he is far too limited on offense to be taken seriously as a 5*. Maybe he's injured? I don't know.

The other services haven't updated so a few of these guys (Swartz, Givens and Ngongba especially) are bound to shoot up the rankings composites.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On3 is awful at basketball rankings. Honestly, they shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm not going to talk about a high schooler, because the kid is still a really, really good player. But he has not played like anything close to a borderline 5* player in the past year. He deserves high-major looks, but he is far too limited on offense to be taken seriously as a 5*. Maybe he's injured? I don't know.

The other services haven't updated so a few of these guys (Swartz, Givens and Ngongba especially) are bound to shoot up the rankings composites.
This sounds about exactly what Scottie Middleton was last year. He also subsequently fell a little bit if I recall

Reaction Score
This sounds about exactly what Scottie Middleton was last year. He also subsequently fell a little bit if I recall

Jayden Lemond is the one I recall screaming about being not good enough for an offer. He really fell off the map. Kimani wasted a lot of time on him. Justise Williams too.

To be fair I was off base with Rahsool in a bad way.

I watch more of these kids than any ranking service, so it makes sense I'd have the better read on the small pool of kids we recruit.

I don't think Abraham is horrible. I just think he projects as an energy roleplayer right now. Definitely a high-major player but I don't see more than a roleplayer, and maybe upperclassmen 4th/5th option without faster-than-normal development.

Reaction Score
Jayden Lemond is the one I recall screaming about being not good enough for an offer. He really fell off the map. Kimani wasted a lot of time on him. Justise Williams too.

I watch more of these kids than any ranking service, so it makes sense I'd have the better read on the small pool of kids we recruit.

I don't think Abraham is horrible. I just think he projects as an energy roleplayer right now. Definitely a high-major player but I don't see more than a roleplayer, and maybe upperclassmen 4th/5th option without faster-than-normal development.
Jayden Lemond was a weird one. He seemed to be the guard we were most linked to at the time. I watched 2 AAU games bsck then and he didn't even look like a mid-major player to me.

Reaction Score
Jayden Lemond was a weird one. He seemed to be the guard we were most linked to at the time. I watched 2 AAU games bsck then and he didn't even look like a mid-major player to me.

Looks like he ended up at William and Mary. So... barely D1.

Reaction Score

I have been meaning to ask you, how do you know so much about these high school players? Are you a high school coach that goes to these special tournaments and sees these recruits?

Reaction Score
I have been meaning to ask you, how do you know so much about these high school players? Are you a high school coach that goes to these special tournaments and sees these recruits?

I coached high school in CT and the 13-15u teams for a team that goes to EYBL. I also did a s--- ton of skills training in the offseason and worked at elite summer camps all over the country during college. Still have a bunch of friends still in the AAU world. If I'm getting info it's from them.

Nowawadays I'm just finding games to watch of kids we have offered, and I have a better eye for skill than most of the jabronis on here.

Reaction Score
I coached high school in CT and the 13-15u teams for a team that goes to EYBL. I also did a s--- ton of skills training in the offseason and worked at elite summer camps all over the country during college. Still have a bunch of friends still in the AAU world. If I'm getting info it's from them.

Nowawadays I'm just finding games to watch of kids we have offered, and I have a better eye for skill than most of the jabronis on here.
Why in the world did you just throw jabronis under the bus by comparing them to "Boneyard experts" (which is probably an oxymoron in and of itself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom