On3 Updated 2023 Recruiting Rankings | The Boneyard

On3 Updated 2023 Recruiting Rankings

Reaction Score
Castle is up to #5. Quite a climb up the rankings he's had the last few months.

5. SG Stephon Castle
School: Covington (Ga.) Newton
On3 NIL Valuation: $427K
Scouting Su:mmary “Stephon Castle plays with a great pace. Has good positional size for a wing. Comfortable on the ball, in the half-court. Hunts his spots on the floor, and attacks them. Is strong on the ball, can take a bump, and get to his spots. The shot can get a little flat, but he is able to still affect the game. Very good in passing lanes. Average to above average athlete, but has a toughness about him. Can touch the paint. Attacks rim with purpose.”

Ball #60
Stewart #74
Ross #83
Singare not in their Top 150

Complete On3 Top 150: https://www.on3.com/db/rankings/player/basketball/2023/

Reaction Score
Great to see Ross moving up the rankings--that's well-deserved. Shooting is the most important skill in the game, and he's elite. With our lack of shooters next season, that will be his ticket to playing time.

IMO Ball is better than a #60 recruit, but really anyone in the 25-75 range has about the same likelihood of being a contributor at this level. I'd put him around #40. Shooting, handles, and passing all need some work, but he's a freak athlete and is going to be successful sooner than later. He's developing very nicely at Brewster.

Stewart and Singare seem about right to me. Stewart needs to become more efficient at shooting the rock to take his game to the next level. Less iso, more team ball. Singare is just extremely raw. I don't think we can expect meaningful minutes next season.

Reaction Score
Great to see Ross moving up the rankings--that's well-deserved. Shooting is the most important skill in the game, and he's elite. With our lack of shooters next season, that will be his ticket to playing time.

IMO Ball is better than a #60 recruit, but really anyone in the 25-75 range has about the same likelihood of being a contributor at this level. I'd put him around #40. Shooting, handles, and passing all need some work, but he's a freak athlete and is going to be successful sooner than later. He's developing very nicely at Brewster.

Stewart and Singare seem about right to me. Stewart needs to become more efficient at shooting the rock to take his game to the next level. Less iso, more team ball. Singare is just extremely raw. I don't think we can expect meaningful minutes next season.
Question for those that have seen but Stewart to me feels similar to Karaban as a prospect, I know Karaban is a bit bigger but was hoping for similar shotmaking at least

Reaction Score
Question for those that have seen but Stewart to me feels similar to Karaban as a prospect, I know Karaban is a bit bigger but was hoping for similar shotmaking at least

Stewart is about the same size as Karaban, maybe slightly bigger. Probably about 6'7 or 6'8 and 220. He's stronger than Karaban at the same age and has a bit more baby fat by my eye. A little more athletic than karaban but nothong that will stand out in D1. He's going to be a beast in a couple years physically. Very strong.

They are very different players on offense. Stewart has great handles and a ton of moves to create separation to get his shot off. Step backs and side steps are a staple of his game. Plays in the post more in hs, but I expect we'll have him in the perimeter more. Alex made the same transition for us. He's Very adept at taking a hit and finishing if he can get a defender on his hip. He's extremely versatile but not an expert at anything... hence the low shooting % and more TOs than Alex.

Karaban is really, really good at a few things and never tries to do too much. He's a much more effecient player, but he isn't a shot creator and is very limited finishing at the rim until he diversifies his footwork. When he learns to drive and finish off 1 foot, and tightens up his footwork on screens to get his 3 off, he's going to averahe 15+ a game. I think he averages 15/6/3 next season.

Stewart will be an awesome player for us if he dedicates himself to S&C and learns to nix the iso and play within our offense, but I would expect more learning cirve than we saw with Alex.

Playing behind Andre and Alex with be great for him. The staff will be able to put him in different positions to succeed depending on matchups since he's so versatile.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow 83. Top 100. Their consensus has him at 101 now too.

So glad he went to LuHi over Oak Hill. That team is fantastic this year and he's getting top-notch coaching.

He has the shooting to earn some minutes. Getting strong enough to hold up on defense will be the difference IMO.

Reaction Score
This is probably a decent sample of his ability on offense. Didn't show much of the shooting, but he did a lot of creative work at the rim.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So glad he went to LuHi over Oak Hill. That team is fantastic this year and he's getting top-notch coaching.

He has the shooting to earn some minutes. Getting strong enough to hold up on defense will be the difference IMO.
Saw tape of Ross and Ball when they played together at HS and both were good defenders. I believe Ross was a pg but grew six inches a year or two ago. He's still adjusting to his body's rapid growth. You never know if someone can make the adjustment to a body change but it appears he has.

Reaction Score
This is probably a decent sample of his ability on offense. Didn't show much of the shooting, but he did a lot of creative work at the rim.

I was skipping around the video and I was like "I think he cut his hair." I thought, the kid on the black team seems pretty legit. Is he a known guy? Turns out I was following the wrong team entirely lol. I assumed white was home on senior night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom