On Ticket Prices | The Boneyard

On Ticket Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Here's what Illinois offered for their home game today against Texas State: http://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...kID=illinois&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

For only $49, you receive 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 fountain drinks!

After fees are tacked on, one face-value ticket for UConn-Temple is about $40. Even with the two for $45 deal...that's two tickets to watch UConn play two awful AAC teams. No soda, no hot dog. I'm sorry for the season-ticket holders, but at the same time, if UConn is gonna cut prices to get more fans, they need to try a lot harder. Otherwise, don't even bother.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
As a season ticket holder I've advocated they bus in the homeless and give them free coffee and hotdogs. They have to get people in the stadium.

Same here. I couldn't care less if they charge $1 for tickets or give away free tickets to mall Santas. I just want fans in the stands so UCONN can at least show P5 conferences that the fans here are so passionate about football, that we continue to show up even in down years.

C

Chief00

The problem is if you just let in HS kids you run the risk of a recruiting violation. I took a youth group to a game and we had to sign a legal document that all were below HS grades.

Reaction Score
Same here. I couldn't care less if they charge $1 for tickets or give away free tickets to mall Santas. I just want fans in the stands so UCONN can at least show P5 conferences that the fans here are so passionate about football, that we continue to show up even in down years.
I emailed Warde last year suggesting they give tickets to inner city honor students in CT. Throw them a tailgate the whole nine. I know that would be a tall order to coordinate but it is doable.

Back when I worked with adjudicated juveniles we used to contact the Red Sox, Mets, and Yankees requesting free nose bleed seats that would otherwise go unused. Only the Mets would take us up.

Getting youngsters in those seats for free now could lead to some of them having an interest when they get older.

Reaction Score
The problem is if you just let in HS kids you run the risk of a recruiting violation. I took a youth group to a game and we had to sign a legal document that all were below HS grades.
This is crazy, but somehow I bet it's true. Probably is a violation, meanwhile the heisman winning QB is standing up on a table in a school cafeteria yelling "fugg her in her pus$y", and yes I know one has nothing to do with the other... just saying.

Reaction Score
How much does the B1G revenue and fact they own their own stadium help?

Honest question, can UConn afford to offer packages like that? Do they get the concessions?

I agree UConn needs to do more, but is it as easy as we need it to be?

Reaction Score
How much does the B1G revenue and fact they own their own stadium help?

Honest question, can UConn afford to offer packages like that? Do they get the concessions?

I agree UConn needs to do more, but is it as easy as we need it to be?

To me it comes down, you can sell those discounted tickets or for the most part they go unsold. I would rather make a little money than no money. The product today is barely watchable. We buy season tickets because we love and support the school and program, but watching us play offense last night..... I can't expect a non die hard to WANT to pay to see that in person.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I emailed Warde last year suggesting they give tickets to inner city honor students in CT. Throw them a tailgate the whole nine. I know that would be a tall order to coordinate but it is doable.

Back when I worked with adjudicated juveniles we used to contact the Red Sox, Mets, and Yankees requesting free nose bleed seats that would otherwise go unused. Only the Mets would take us up.

Getting youngsters in those seats for free now could lead to some of them having an interest when they get older.

Completely agree. Bussing in local kids (middle school or younger) builds fans. I used to go to so many Whalers games as a kid growing up that I begged my parents to let me get a paper route to pay my own way to go to more games. And it wasn't like the Whalers were good in the early 80s either. Hook some kids now and build a large and loyal fanbase later.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The constant obsession about ticket sales is a waste of time.

We're not going to fool anyone by emptying out the orphanages and homeless shelters every Saturday.

Winning solves everything. Absent that, all the tricks and gimmicks in the world won't make a difference.

Reaction Score
The constant obsession about ticket sales is a waste of time.

We're not going to fool anyone by emptying out the orphanages and homeless shelters every Saturday.

Winning solves everything. Absent that, all the tricks and gimmicks in the world won't make a difference.
Attendance was dropping as the wins were going up under Edsall. The novelty has worn off. I happen to believe that wide open, high scoring football would change some of that, but it appears you can play that type of football everywhere in America but East Hartford Ct because it gets cold and windy here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Attendance was dropping as the wins were going up under Edsall. The novelty has worn off. I happen to believe that wide open, high scoring football would change some of that, but it appears you can play that type of football everywhere in America but East Hartford Ct because it gets cold and windy here.

You can't throw a forward pass here - has something to do with the jetstream.

Our "winning" years weren't really dominant years - we were never really a top-25 type program. Two 9-4 years sandwiching two 8-5 years where we had a losing record in conference.

But even so, our attendance was more than solid. We were usually at or near 40k with the better programs and never really drop below 36/37 even for Texas Southern, Buff, etc.

If we win, we'll sell tickets. If we don't, gimmicks won't fool whoever we're trying to fool because they will not give a s---.

Reaction Score
You still haven't addressed that homeless people like free coffee and hot dogs. We should be charitable to their cause.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You still haven't addressed that homeless people like free coffee and hot dogs. We should be charitable to their cause.

You're free to give them whatever provisions you think might aid their cause, but I suspect three hours of this offense might snuff out whatever spark of life they might still possess. Lord knows it has that affect on me.

Reaction Score
This season, and the past three, have actually motivated me to purchase club level staying for the next 3 year commitment. I refuse to be uncomfortable while watching this uncomfortable team. It might be my only chance to continue to attend games with my now wife. And she said marriage changes nothing.

Reaction Score
UCONN will need to come up with something for the season ticket holder marketing wise after this year for the next 3 years.

Otherwise I could see our season ticket base dipping below 15k(especially with the crappy home schedule for 2015).

Either discount the ticket price or give free parking with a season ticket would be a good start.

Reaction Score
Here's what Illinois offered for their home game today against Texas State: http://ev11.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom...kID=illinois&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

For only $49, you receive 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 fountain drinks!

After fees are tacked on, one face-value ticket for UConn-Temple is about $40. Even with the two for $45 deal...that's two tickets to watch UConn play two awful AAC teams. No soda, no hot dog. I'm sorry for the season-ticket holders, but at the same time, if UConn is gonna cut prices to get more fans, they need to try a lot harder. Otherwise, don't even bother.
Let's see Illinois throw that plan out for Indiana (before their win yesterday), Perdue, and Northwestern.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let's see Illinois throw that plan out for Indiana (before their win yesterday), Perdue, and Northwestern.
What does that have to do anything?? The fact that they're conference foes and so is Temple for us (the team ZLS stated in his OP)? I don't think that's a fair comparison considering Illinois has history with all those teams and UConn is stuck in a conference no one is happy with and a team that's atrocious.

Reaction Score
UCONN will need to come up with something for the season ticket holder marketing wise after this year for the next 3 years.

Otherwise I could see our season ticket base dipping below 15k(especially with the crappy home schedule for 2015).

Either discount the ticket price or give free parking with a season ticket would be a good start.
disagree. It might dip a little but I think the 20K figure seems steady.
The schedule has been known for a couple years, the program has been in decline since RE left, and is in a rebuilding mode with Diaco.

I don't see a material drop-off.

Reaction Score
What does that have to do anything?? The fact that they're conference foes and so is Temple for us (the team ZLS stated in his OP)? I don't think that's a fair comparison considering Illinois has history with all those teams and UConn is stuck in a conference no one is happy with and a team that's atrocious.
it's the crappy conference. got it. nothing at all to do with a crappy program right now.

curious... if you're discounting tickets to see teams that are better and more competitive than the home team, what message are you sending to the fans?
It's an interesting concept of pricing tickets based on poll rankings. Are you saying that uconn should double or triple the price of tickets if they start to win.

we all know winning is the best marketing tool.

Reaction Score
As a season ticket holder I've advocated they bus in the homeless and give them free coffee and hotdogs. They have to get people in the stadium.

Now were thinking outside the box!

Even if they create incoherent mumbling, it's asses in seats and noise in the stadium.

Reaction Score
disagree. It might dip a little but I think the 20K figure seems steady.
The schedule has been known for a couple years, the program has been in decline since RE left, and is in a rebuilding mode with Diaco.

I don't see a material drop-off.

You have to remember people have to lock on for 3 years.

Guaranteed sub 2ok(more like 15k-18K). It was 21k this year-it's not staying there with the present state of the team and pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom