On the topic of coaching leadership at UConn... | The Boneyard

On the topic of coaching leadership at UConn...

Reaction Score
As seen with our FB boys, coaching is everything. You can have all the talent and the world, but a lack of energy/cohesiveness/leadership will lead to no results.

Thankful for AD David Benedict's hiring in Hurley. Not only is he recruiting well and developing players basketball-wise, but he is also developing them as great people.

Nice video montage when Hurley was hired below. Doesn't have as many views as it should, IMO.

Here's to hoping AD David Benedict hits another home-run with the football hire! #BleedBlue

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say we're doing anything special Xs and Os-wise on either end. I would go as far as to say our offense has been consistently pretty bland, and our defense too inflexible at times (but better recently). Recruiting and talent retention (lack of transfers) are Hurley's #1 skill.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say we're doing anything special Xs and Os-wise on either end. I would go as far as to say our offense has been consistently pretty bland, and our defense too inflexible at times (but better recently). Recruiting and talent retention (lack of transfers) are Hurley's #1 skill.
Also his capacity for overall leadership of the program.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also his capacity for overall leadership of the program.

An undervalued skill by many who follow sports.

It's not just the coaching in the game and practice. It's hiring the right staff and giving them defined areas to support the program goals.

Reaction Score
Great video! My number one takeaway from the last few seasons in Uconn's evolution under Hurley is the outstanding level of buy-in from the student athletes as Hurley has almost had a full 4 recruiting classes (if my memory serves me well). Our team has morphed from pups to a pack of voracious Huskies on a mission. This season should have many shining moments :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom