On the outside: A look at the schools most adversely affected by conference realignment | The Boneyard

On the outside: A look at the schools most adversely affected by conference realignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
HA HA

CONNECTICUT
Strengths: Northeast media market, including close ties with ESPN. UConn basketball is decent, if you can live with an NCAA championship every five years.

Weaknesses: Football is not strong, 2010 notwithstanding. The Huskies are 19-24 in conference the last six years. They would be overmatched in any of the five major conferences. UConn also is not a name brand for television ratings.

Outlook: UConn was a geographic fit for both Big Ten and ACC expansion, but academic reputation cost the Huskies from much consideration. If the Big 12 ever decided West Virginia needed an East partner, Connecticut probably would be the first option.

http://newsok.com/on-the-outside-a-...onference-realignment/article/4888986/?page=1

Reaction Score
UConn is not a name brand. Sure. I bet half the country has to google Rutgers to figure out what it is.

Reaction Score
Some of those commenters in the article are out of touch with reality!?! Decent hoops? If this is all we have left to add the the Big12 were in trouble? Do they realize they're maybe 1 or 2 schools short of disolution?I think their in the Big trouble12!

Reaction Score
UConn is not a name brand. Sure. I bet half the country has to google Rutgers to figure out what it is.
Man I can't believe UConn's national perception? These guys are out of touch!
much like a couple of our sour posters!! Yeah BS,,,blame RU!!

Reaction Score
First, that dude's name is Berry, but his friends call him Dingle. Second, why not just say The American Athletic Conference and BYU? No mention of Boise?

Reaction Score
This is a case where the writer did very little actual investigating and wrote from the hip. Many folks "feel" that UConn has a bad academic reputation due to the APR ban. But if they would just do the slightest work and see how impressive UConn is academically this kind of stuff wouldn't be written. Google it for heavens sake, if you don't have any other sources.

Reaction Score
I like to read other schools message boards and what I find is 99% of the fans don't understand what the APR actually means. The funny part is that NC talks about how dirty UConn is and never even mention their problems. Calhoun is a cheater, our athletes are thugs, Ollie can't speak proper English and Geno is arrogant.

Reaction Score
Part of what I call the French Factor is PR
We really don't have to convince anyone's hardcore fans of the sanctity of our program,that would be the equivalent of counting the grains of sand at Hammonasset beach.Instead our PR effort should be directed at University Presidents ,ADs,and Especially media. Our focus is the creation of allies within the P5 especially the B1G.
Even if we don't end up in the B1G ,that strategy is our best route to the P5.
The presidents comments yesterday on the acedemic excellence of our BB teams is a great sound bite. The first step is to admit to ourselves ,there could have been past problems regardless how minor. There is no way you can address problems that never existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom