On the bright side | The Boneyard

On the bright side

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Our three best players last night were two freshmen and a sophomore. We put up 40 in the first half with a total of two points from Jalen and Terry. Carlton has some good moves down low and he was great on the O boards just needs to put the ball in the damn hoop with authority!

Reaction Score
Our three best players last night were two freshmen and a sophomore. We put up 40 in the first half with a total of two points from Jalen and Terry. Carlton has some good moves down low and he was great on the O boards just needs to put the ball in the damn hoop with authority!

When Polley is confident and in rhythm his shot is smooth. Carlton figured out that he's bigger than everyone they threw at him and played accordingly, which is huge.

Reaction Score
Jalen did everything else well though. Unlike airy terry.

Reaction Score
The only thing that keeps me watching at this point is to see the development of our young players. Everything else is too depressing for words.

Season can't end fast enough.

Reaction Score
Polley just stands by the three point line. He should be a mismatch in the post against most 2s and many 3s. But he is mostly lost on the court. So far he has displayed no basketball skills except adequate shooting from a standstill.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Jalen had 11 assists

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Could Vital turn into a stud next season?

Vital is already a very useful player.

And improved shot selection would make him even more efficient.

But his lack of a tight handle to create his own good shots will limit his ceiling.

Also, i knowhe takes a lot of heat on the board, but Whaley seems like a defensive stud in the making. Guy's Defensive BPM is off the charts. Someone get him on a top notch S&C formula, he could be quite the find.

Reaction Score
Jalen had 11 assists
Out of 14, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth the kid is a poor outside shooter which hasn’t changed. And yes he gets credit for shouldering the load and all the minutes.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
When Carlton gets an offensive board, he doesn't shoot the ball, he throws it. Two feet away from the iron and balls hits the right side of the backboard. Seen it many times. He needs to slam dunk those rebounds. Get off the damn ground.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Out of 14, and not to look a gift horse in the mouth the kid is a poor outside shooter which hasn’t changed. And yes he gets credit for shouldering the load and all the minutes.

If there were some actual consistent shooters, and viable options inside, Jalen's shooting would probably look a fair bit better than it does. UCONN's spacing sucks. And the ball movement usually isn't great either. He has to take more difficult shots than he should, given that nobody else can get their own shot.

I'm not saying he'd be a knock down shooter, but I don't think he'd resemble the guy he is right now.

Reaction Score
Could Vital turn into a stud next season?

Define stud. If you give Vital a yellow light instead of a green light from behind the arc, he could be a fantastic 6th or 7th man on a good team if all he did was take good threes, played defense and hustled. He has a ton of heart but he seems to have an incredibly low bball iq when it comes to figuring out whether he should shoot or not. Between him and Jalen last night they chucked up about 6-8 threes they had no business even thinking about shooting. It's comical if it weren't so bad, but one of the biggest highlights and one they showed on tv while going into a commercial break was adams missing so badly on a three that it caromed right into Diarra's hands for a dunk

Reaction Score
Last game I saw a complete different strategy.. I saw an adjustment with how the coaching staff thought would be the case if we had Gilbert taking over the pg duties... Adams was off the ball n Anderson was the guy running the offense n did pretty good with 7 dimes .. Adams was a catch and shoot guy n when we needed him to make plays he did that as well .... hopefully Ollie can find him some rest or interchange him with Larrier down the stretch

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Here is a fun fact. If Vital stays healthy and scores at the same pace the next two seasons as he has this year...

He will finish somewhere between 9th and 12th on the all time scoring list.
Is there any doubt he finishes with the most 3 point attempts of all time?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here is a fun fact. If Vital stays healthy and scores at the same pace the next two seasons as he has this year...

He will finish somewhere between 9th and 12th on the all time scoring list.

That's crazy. Shows you just how depleted the talent level has been around this club over the past few years.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Vital is petty underrated. He’s a solid role player and a more than capable starter.

The bright side is that even if there was a coaching change it’s inlikely that Sid and Gilbert would transfer and sit out another year.

So the new coach would at least have some building blocks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom