On the bright side, George Springer is on his way to becoming MVP of the WS | The Boneyard

On the bright side, George Springer is on his way to becoming MVP of the WS

Reaction Score
His dad played second fiddle to Joey Jandreau. It's a Bristol thing you wouldn't understand..

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Amazing the ANTICHRIST of broadcasting wrote a story about him

Reaction Score
The Astros do need to win first....

Giles is going to screw things up.

Reaction Score
I knew Giles would screw things up for the Astros a while ago. What the heck does the manager see in him? That was a very bad managing move.

Reaction Score
Funny story ... my son, who is living in LA these days and has become a Dodgers fan, watched an interview with Springer's parents on ESPN. Suddenly he realized that he knew the father because he had taught George's sister in HS. Small world.

Reaction Score
only liked Springer's performances against teams other than my LA Dodgers... :-(

Hopefully I won't have to wait another 30 years before we return to the WS.
I have even been wearing a new 59FIFTY fitted Brooklyn hat as a rally cap. Wore it to the Mizzou game too. It didn't help. The ghost of Dem Bums appeared and we had the reincarnation of Newcome getting shelled in the 1956 WS seventh game after the Don Larsen debacle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Springer got inspired to get into baseball by some player on the Rock Cats who played catch with him. Who'd imagine the Rock Cats would have such an effect?

Reaction Score
I have even been wearing a new 59/50 fitted Brooklyn hat as a rally cap. Wore it to the Mizzou game too. It didn't help. The ghost of Dem Bums appeared and we had the reincarnation of Newcome getting shelled in the 1956 WS seventh game after the Don Larsen debacle.

The Dodgers? Weren't they the Yankees beee-yatchs in the majority of WS they played. And BTW, Jackie Robinson was out in his attempted steal of home. Berra tagged him out. Too bad they didn't have today's technology to review the play and the call. Wouldn't have to look at that play evertime they tribute Jackie Robinson.

Reaction Score
The Dodgers? Weren't they the Yankees beee-yatchs in the majority of WS they played. And BTW, Jackie Robinson was out in his attempted steal of home. Berra tagged him out. Too bad they didn't have today's technology to review the play and the call. Wouldn't have to look at that play evertime they tribute Jackie Robinson.
Ah, a troll. Yup Berra got the tag down in time. Unfortunately it was two inches behind the leading edge of home plate which Robionson's foot hit first. But nice try.

Reaction Score
Ah, a troll. Yup Berra got the tag down in time. Unfortunately it was two inches behind the leading edge of home plate which Robionson's foot hit first. But nice try.

Nope. Robby was out. Ump gave him benefit for daring to swipe home in the series, but he was out.

Reaction Score

Back then, J Robinson got the benefit of the attempted swipe of home the way Labron gets the break on every incident of contact on offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom