On QB play... | The Boneyard

On QB play...

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Some teams win on QB play; some teams win playing to other strengths with a game manager QB limiting mistakes and not making losing plays. I don't know where Zion will be as a senior, but for now it appears that Mora/Charlton want him to be a game manager and he seems to be responding. Aggressive QB play may be sexy, but not if it's gonna cost you games. I'll be very happy to see the Huskies ride out the season on the ZT train.

Reaction Score
Some teams win on QB play; some teams win playing to other strengths with a game manager QB limiting mistakes and not making losing plays. I don't know where Zion will be as a senior, but for now it appears that Mora/Charlton want him to be a game manager and he seems to be responding. Aggressive QB play may be sexy, but not if it's gonna cost you games. I'll be very happy to see the Huskies ride out the season on the ZT train.

Zion is simply not able -at this point- to be anything except a game manager. Mora and Charlton know this so they have adjusted to the situation. It is a good decision by competent coaches.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Zion is simply not able -at this point- to be anything except a game manager. Mora and Charlton know this so they have adjusted to the situation. It is a good decision by competent coaches.
Agreed, good coaching. My post, I suppose, is addressed to those here who seem desperate for us to try something else.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
With the loss of Houston, it'll be interesting to see if Charlton deploys more sets with both ZT and Millen.
We haven't thrown to Millen yet have we? He looks like he could do some damage on a bubble screen.

Reaction Score
One thing I hope they are working on in practice is covering all of his receivers and making him realize a little quicker when he has to scoot with it, with his speed he’s capable of 20 and 30 yard pickups.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Yeah, very true, but I was impressed by that 9 yard drive. He didn’t seem to be afraid to run the ball up the middle.
Yeah, if you need to, you take the bubble wrap off at winning time in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
We haven't thrown to Millen yet have we? He looks like he could do some damage on a bubble screen.
Let’s be honest, he and Phomm are explosive runners. I’d move Millen to TE and Puma to WR next year.

Roberson, and Turner battle for starting spot.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Let’s be honest, he and Phomm are explosive runners. I’d move Millen to TE and Puma to WR next year.

Roberson, and Turner battle for starting spot.
I'm thinking at least two new bodies in the QB room next year...

Reaction Score
I think with the programs trajectory and Mora running the corporation, recruiting aside, the transfer portal will be our friend vs our enemy.

Reaction Score
Sorry, so to finish my thought, hopefully better players will nullify the switching of positions out of necessity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom