On Ollie | The Boneyard

On Ollie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How many times does Hamilton need to throw it away? Foul shots, defense demeanor. It's just awful. Said fundamentals before. His squad made Tulsa look like a pro team tonight.

Reaction Score
I'm not pinning a loss on Ollie when his entire team decides not to show up.

But his strategy to just not coach tonight was, um, interesting to say the least.

g_smith

made my username before I noticed the UConn theme
Reaction Score
I've noticed we don't do well with late games. Ollie is an early riser type of guy. These guys are definitely tired come 930.

Reaction Score
His energy is low. This young team needs to be lead. Maybe Ollie is distracted.

Reaction Score
Ollie's sit down, hand on chin approach when his team looks like it is not a team and doesn't care if it wins is troubling.

Reaction Score
Who is he supposed to play? Daniel hamilton is at worst our third best player, and besides boat the only one on the team with any real basketball skills. Yes he is out of control at times but he's a freshman. He makes plenty of plays.

That's thw problem. Facey can be great or terrible or non existent . Brimah can be great or he can be terrible at times or non existent. Omar can be great or terrible or non existent. Rodney can be ok or absolutely God awful. Samuel can be ok or terrible or non existent. Cassel can be ok or terrible. And phil. Well we all know phil can only be terrible

That isn't a very good scenario for a coach. This team has a lot of promise but there's so many unknowns. Hardly anyone is consistent or you at least know what you're gonna get.

Ollie has repeatedly demonstrated that he is a hell of a coach. Nobody besides boat has demonstrated that they can consistently play

Reaction Score
I'm not giving the players a pass nor am I giving Ollie a pass. The players played lazy, dumb and distracted ball and that's the same way Ollie coached. It happens every once in a while but it simply can't happen now if these guys want to be a tourney team. Piss poor effort from everyone.

Reaction Score
you'd think that after the debacle in Houston on their first AAC away trip last year would've been a wake-up call for players and staff this year...but no

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Purvis, Hamilton, Calhoun, and Boat all didn't show up.

Reaction Score
Seriously though, can someone explain to me why Ollie stopped coaching tonight?

Reaction Score
I think Celtics are more fun to watch then this team. Holy depressing.

Reaction Score
gotta call it as it is...this was a trap game and Ollie did not have his team believing that , didn't have them focused and ready to play

it's a work in progress...the sooner they realize that they aren't talented enuf to beat anyone (Yale at home...hello) without effort, the better off they'll be

Reaction Score
Okay, I change my mind - pinning this one on Ollie.

That was one of the worst coaching jobs I've ever seen at UConn. My god.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom