On deck- Bob Joyce talking UConn | The Boneyard

On deck- Bob Joyce talking UConn

Reaction Score
Any questions to ask Mr Joyce!?

Let us know.

I always sync up Bob's audio with the muted video stream of games. He's the best.

I have puzzled over why things like substitutions and refs whistles are announced to the fans at the game and to the fans listening to the audio call while the TV announcers don't seem to think it's needed at all? Why is that? Why are scripted side-stories more important to them than the game itself?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I always sync up Bob's audio with the muted video stream of games. He's the best.

I have puzzled over why things like substitutions and refs whistles are announced to the fans at the game and to the fans listening to the audio call while the TV announcers don't seem to think it's needed at all? Why is that? Why are scripted side-stories more important to them than the game itself?
Hmmm. Good point!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

You're puzzled, I'm peeved. You could say it's a pet peeve of mine. And a mystery.

GemParty

Reaction Score
IMG_2181.jpeg

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
First of all, TV announcers do not always explain everything that is going on because we can see that for ourselves. Explaining everything would be redundant and we, as TV watchers, don't need everything explained to us as radio listeners do, since they cannot see what is going on. Unfortunately, the TV guys have stepped up their in-game stories to the point that it is really annoying, and although we can see what is going on, some things have to be explained. I can see the point of the stories since silence would be worse during the game, so the crew has to be aware how much is too much, and most broadcasting crews have yet to figure that out.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Everything needs balance during a game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member