On campus last night... | The Boneyard

On campus last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Brought my daughter to the UConn Womens BB practice yesterday at 4pm - got out of gym a bit after 7.
Burton Center lit up and many players seen inside - pull out of garage and stop to say hello to couple of kids coming out - they had all just participated in a team run - already jelling with new coach - Paul Nwojeki and Shak? Anyone know who Shak is?

Thanks,

Reaction Score
Shak is Shakim Phillips. Going to be a senior WR This year. Expect big things from Shak.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Shak is Shakim Phillips. Going to be a senior WR This year. Expect big things from Shak.
Ha - forgot all about him!!

Thanks!

Reaction Score
And Shak's success will depend, in great part, on a kid like Paul stepping up. We need a LT to emerge to solidify the line (assuming Samra and Schakenafer hold down guard spots (further assuming Cruz is not cleared), Mateas steps up at C and Gifford holds down RT spot). At this point we are looking at a limited pool that inludes Paul N., Levy, Hopkins and the Great Dane.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
And Shak's success will depend, in great part, on a kid like Paul stepping up. We need a LT to emerge to solidify the line (assuming Samra and Schakenafer hold down guard spots (further assuming Cruz is not cleared), Mateas steps up at C and Gifford holds down RT spot). At this point we are looking at a limited pool that inludes Paul N., Levy, Hopkins and the Great Dane.

I could see Gifford moving to the left side since he is the most experience player on the outside and UCONN needs someone to protect whoever the quarterback blindside.

Reaction Score

There were times last year when I thought Phillips was every bit as good as Geremy Davis. Imagine if Casey and Shaq click the way Casey and Geremy did? (Casey never saw the field with Shaq). Throw in Foxx, Lemelle and Bradley and I can't wait for August.

Reaction Score
Phillips combination of size, speed, and explosiveness is scary. Geremy doesnt score on that slant against UMD like Shak. Can he put it all altogether for a whole season? If he does he will be in the nfl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom