On campus fandom | The Boneyard

On campus fandom

Reaction Score
Having spent last weekend on campus (as I do every 3rd week in August) I noticed a huge difference in overall school spirit, mainly basketball related. The years of Championships are listed everywhere, UConn gear is on every parent and student moving in for the year, and anyone you talk to knows the team. We know the reason for it, but I think we are going to see an absolute explosion in fan attention among the students and community. Most rabid fan base in the nation is my prediction. I can't wait

Reaction Score
Sad Jeremy Allen White GIF by The Bear

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Back in the 70s I told a relative I was going to UConn and she did think that.
In the early 80s and got some beers bought for me during spring break in Florida. (Yeah, I absolutely went with it.)

Reaction Score
I agree with the OP. Not only in CT, but in my travels as well, I’m seeing a lot more UConn gear. Definitely makes you feel good to get the recognition. Go Huskies!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Good to see campus is back to what it was in the 80's, even with Dom Perno as coach. The Champion UCONN sweatshirt in Navy or Grey was the uniform of half of campus. Hell even Soccer had big crowds every match. Different times I think, and there wasn't much to do in Storrs.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Good to see campus is back to what it was in the 80's, even with Dom Perno as coach. The Champion UCONN sweatshirt in Navy or Grey was the uniform of half of campus. Hell even Soccer had big crowds every match. Different times I think, and there wasn't much to do in Storrs.
There was a lot to do. The vast majority of it wasn't on a computer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom