On being a nemesis | The Boneyard

On being a nemesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=149503178

But to get back to the championship game, Notre Dame will have to figure out a way to stop UConn again.

"To be honest, I think they're our nemesis," Novosel said. "It wouldn't be the Final Four if we didn't play them."

From wiki: The name Nemesis is related to the Greek word νέμειν [némein], meaning "to give what is due".

Hmm, "To give what is due." I guess I really don't mind being ND's nemesis! (Although eight games in what, 14 months? Even a nemesis deserves a break once in a while.)

Reaction Score
I think many of us feel like Notre Dame has been our nemesis lately.

Or - that they are like the younger pesky cousin who our parents made us play with when they came over to our house.

Reaction Score
Or - that they are like the younger pesky cousin who our parents made us play with when they came over to our house.

Excellent quote. I love it.

UCONN has stepped up their game since that last home loss to Notre Dame. Since then for UCONN it is a more business as usual attitude. I have to say that I have watched Notre Dame recently and have not been as impressed with them these past couple of weeks as I was towards the start of the season. I do believe more now than ever they are beatable. Peters does not look the same. There is something that is different and I cannot put my finger on it. As for Novosal and Diggins, I think the refs are getting wise to their games and their falling down to get a foul call.

This coming game is going to be huge. My only hope is that Stanford gets past Baylor.

Reaction Score
Excellent quote. I love it.

UCONN has stepped up their game since that last home loss to Notre Dame. Since then for UCONN it is a more business as usual attitude. I have to say that I have watched Notre Dame recently and have not been as impressed with them these past couple of weeks as I was towards the start of the season. I do believe more now than ever they are beatable. Peters does not look the same. There is something that is different and I cannot put my finger on it. As for Novosal and Diggins, I think the refs are getting wise to their games and their falling down to get a foul call.

This coming game is going to be huge. My only hope is that Stanford gets past Baylor.

I sure hope that you are right about the foul calls. It is very frustrating to see them rewarded for initiating contact as the result of a heads down, pell-mell rush into the lane, an abrupt and often out of control change in direction or the classic soccer style flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom