On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you for the game tonight? | The Boneyard

On a scale of 1-10, how nervous are you for the game tonight?

How nervous are you for the game tonight?

• 0 - not at all

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • 2 - not really worried - maybe a tiny bit

Votes: 30 21.7%
  • 4 - somewhat worried

Votes: 42 30.4%
  • 6 - nervous nellie

Votes: 25 18.1%
  • 8 - really nervous - hard to focus on work/etc today

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • 10 - can't eat, can't sleep, can barely function

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I think we can be picked off any of the games vs most of the top teams. Just a bad shooting night or half like vs Tulsa recently, and we could easily lose. I'm not sure a loss would be good or bad at this point. I would have preferred to lose one earlier in season.
Just the way I see it- go huskies!

Reaction Score
Why would anybody be nervous? It is just a game. Nobody had expected that the team would not lose a game this season, so it already exceeded it. The winning streak is already extended. What's the difference between 99 and 100? It is not one and done big dance game in March. So relax and enjoy the gAme. I am a UConn wbb fan, but I enjoy cheering for the underdog.

Reaction Score
Not nervous - If UConn plays it's game (as they have 24 times this year), they won't lose. And I believe they will play their game, because they want to prove to the world that they can be just as good as when "The Big 3" were here.

Reaction Score
We are definitely DOOMED!!! Athletic Director Dave and Susan Herbst attending the game!!!

Reaction Score
Geno, the all time Master of Mind Game and Motivation Coaching is again at work. He is planting a seed in the minds of his players not to get complacent in any way, shape or form, over this game and wants his players to be "on edge" all game long. It is when UCONN gets worried about an opponent, is when they play their best basketball. ONLY worry would be "IF" both Williams and Collier get into serious foul trouble. Then we are talking about Geno having to go with Butler and Dangerfield, and thus Chong would be heavily counted on to product points in this game.

Reaction Score
Not worried at all due to the fact that South Carolina have shown the ability to be scoreless or go on scoring droughts during games and they need to score and stop the scoring to even remotely keep the game close. Saying those words, I haven't seen a team that can stop Connecticut from scoring other than Connecticut. Like Geno said (paraphrasing a bit here) "We may not have that superstar but we have four great players, and if one of them are not scoring, someone else will". It also helps being at home for this outstanding achievement.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am on the fence (voted 6 nervous nellie). It is a fun nervousness. As I have said earlier, I just hope the ref's don't call the game too close and let the players decide the game. we have very little margin of error.

Reaction Score
I think we can be picked off any of the games vs most of the top teams. Just a bad shooting night or half like vs Tulsa recently, and we could easily lose. I'm not sure a loss would be good or bad at this point. I would have preferred to lose one earlier in season.
Just the way I see it- go huskies!
My impression is that we can have a bad half and horrible shooting and still win, as happened when we played Stanford while Maya was here and only scored 12 points in the first half. A horrific half. What allowed us to win was our extraordinary defense and our ability to focus on the next play and not let our shooting woes in that first half drag us down. I feel that the Stanford team we overcame that night to win a championship was a better coached team than is this USC team. I think that in all the time I've noticed USC (the last few years), I've never gotten the impression that they played good TEAM offense and though they've had some talented players, they seldom deferred their "scoring opportunities" to a teammate with a better opportunity to score. I guess I can eventually be proven wrong but it surely hasn't happened yet. The fact that South Carolina has lost twice this year while not playing nearly the elite teams overall that UConn has had to, I would be totally stunned for these kids to lose to USC tonight. I respect Dawn Staley's recruiting ability but I don't feel she's nearly the coach that Muffett or Tara is in getting her players to perform to their maximum ability! Not even close!

Reaction Score
If they play their "B" game and stay out of foul trouble they win by between 10 and 15 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom