On a positive note... | The Boneyard

On a positive note...

Reaction Score
This is all you need to know about how schools can easily manipulate the APR to their advantage.

All 22 University of Kentucky athletic programs make NCAA APR cut

We all know it's flawed anyway but this makes everything about the NCAA flawed. Would love to see how all of those kids who knew they weren't returning to school for year 2 "really did" in their 2nd semesters there. Hilarious to even think many of them even saw a classroom.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We all know it's flawed anyway but this makes everything about the NCAA flawed. Would love to see how all of those kids who knew they weren't returning to school for year 2 "really did" in their 2nd semesters there. Hilarious to even think many of them even saw a classroom.

We've had our fair share of players who didn't bother attending school during the spring semester once they'd decided to go pro. The only difference between us and almost all of the other schools is we were stupid enough to report it all.

Reaction Score
We've had our fair share of players who didn't bother attending school during the spring semester once they'd decided to go pro. The only difference between us and almost all of the other schools is we were stupid enough to report it all.
I think that is where Calhoun was most lax. He let that happen. Whereas after the post season ban the school makes sure all the kids leaving early, including transfers, finish off the semester in good standing. Kentucky obviously learned earlier to do this. And I'm with Mau on this, yeah I'm sure all the Kentucky kids finish off the semester with flying colors when they all know they will be multi-millionaires in a few short months whether they get good grades or not.

Reaction Score
It wasn't really JC's fault. UConn just didn't play the game correctly and that was Hathaway's fault. That's why it took Warde 10 minutes to fix it.

pj

Reaction Score
UConn had an athletic department with no experience in big time athletics. Hathaway ran the department like we were in Div 2.

Of course, it could have been run worse. We could have had UNC's athletic department, in which case the basketball program would still be under the death penalty.

Reaction Score
Why not, they are very organized for what they do, they take advantage of the NBA rule

Why didn't UConn and KO do this? He should have more credibility having played 10+ years in the league

Instead we struggle to land top 3* top 150 kids

The fact that Kentucky has a perfect APR score is an absolute joke.

Reaction Score
Why not, they are very organized for what they do, they take advantage of the NBA rule

Why didn't UConn and KO do this? He should have more credibility having played 10+ years in the league

We haven't had any problems under KO. Our APR problems were all on JC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think that is where Calhoun was most lax. He let that happen. Whereas after the post season ban the school makes sure all the kids leaving early, including transfers, finish off the semester in good standing. Kentucky obviously learned earlier to do this. And I'm with Mau on this, yeah I'm sure all the Kentucky kids finish off the semester with flying colors when they all know they will be multi-millionaires in a few short months whether they get good grades or not.

'Finish off the semester in good standing' seems to imply that UK is on the kids to attend classes and get their grades. In reality, as most schools do, UK cooks the book, although probably to a more egregious degree. I mean, this is the school that allows it's recruits to train full time in another city entirely once the season is over. The kids take 'online classes'. And their courses are 'independent study'. For freshman. Who put zero emphasis on schools. That all adds up. Sure.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Probably things like WWW and Drake et al. And absurd amount of media coverage. And of course, being led by one of the greatest snake-oil-salesman-circus-promoters of our time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom