OMG Kansas... | The Boneyard

OMG Kansas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was listening to Joe D. & Gresh. They reported that the Kansas A.D. gave their head football coach (who went 2-10 this season) a 5 year extension & a $200K bump in salary. Hey I can lead ANY team to 0-12. :cool:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We all know the only thing that matters is the buy out.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Beaty’s new contract also includes added incentives for achievements such as conference championships, bowl wins and coach-of-the-year awards. Notably, Beaty will receive $50,000 for every FBS win and $100,000 for any BCS or Power Five victory.

amazing.... bonus for every P5 win they get.... as another P5 team......

Read more here: KU A.D. Sheahon Zenger explains reasons for David Beaty’s raise, contract extension

Reaction Score
Does this really surprise you? This coming from the school that had not 1 but 2 former head coaches still on the books.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Was listening to Joe D. & Gresh. They reported that the Kansas A.D. gave their head football coach (who went 2-10 this season) a 5 year extension & a $200K bump in salary. Hey I can lead ANY team to 0-12. :cool:

Now imagine if you will, that you were not only a UConn grad and fan, but also a Kansas grad and fan? That's me. I saw this on Twitter and groaned. I know how this movie ends. I hope that Beaty can keep moving in positive direction, and he was only making $800k, half of what Diaco makes. Unlike UConn this year, they did play better as the season progressed.

2017 class looks better than ours. KU football 2017 recruiting class | KUsports.com Eight 3 stars.

Reaction Score
When a school has a HC that they believe in - they pay him fairly (which this contract does) and they extend him so recruits have fewer questions about the future. I believe he has a real shot to get them bowl eligible and I'd be supportive of this if I were a KU fan. This guy inherited a very bad team and has to recruit and rebuild in the middle of a P5 conference.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
When a school has a HC that they believe in - they pay him fairly (which this contract does) and they extend him so recruits have fewer questions about the future. I believe he has a real shot to get them bowl eligible and I'd be supportive of this if I were a KU fan. This guy inherited a very bad team and has to recruit and rebuild in the middle of a P5 conference.

Agreed. He was underpaid before the extension anyway. I hope he can be the right guy. There is no reason KU can't succeed at Football. This QB coming in looks quite good.

Reaction Score
Agreed. He was underpaid before the extension anyway. I hope he can be the right guy. There is no reason KU can't succeed at Football. This QB coming in looks quite good.

they also got Baldwin, the OL, from Bama, eligible next year. Could've easily beaten ISU and TCU, so they are on the right path.

Reaction Score
The kid that finished the season, Carter Stanley, isn't too shabby. He was a UConn recruit and was offered before committing to KU. He came from my own backyard here in Vero Beach. The HS produces a lot of D1 talent yearly. Mike Smith a WR is the current VB recruit UConn has offered this year. Kid was unstoppable. A great program to keep in touch with yearly. This are on the treasure coast produces a lot of D1 athletes.

Anyone know who recruits this area primarily?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

All that matters is the buy out.

They put a much better fight this year than every year since MM left.

Only gamblers noticed but they were much more competitive.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
All that matters is the buy out.

They put a much better fight this year than every year since MM left.

Only gamblers noticed but they were much more competitive.

Agreed. I watched several games. Defense really held them back. By midseason they could put up points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom