Omar Silverio | The Boneyard

Omar Silverio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The URI board has a thread listing him as a UConn commit (and calling Hurley a tampering cheat lol). We did offer back in the day it seems. Released from NLI to Santa Clara today. 6'3" SG from St Raymond's in the Bronx. This video from local news tonight suggests he is not committed but maybe something to watch in the future? St. Raymond's Omar Silverio Re-Opens College Recruitment

Reaction Score
He was teammates with Isaiah Washington in HS and on New Heights, and is followed by Kimani Young on Twitter. No clue how good he is, but he seems like a shooter with a better handle and more size than Vital. Had Ollie, Hurley, and Young’s eye in the past.

Could be a late bloomer. Looks like he came to the US from the Dominican.

UAA Stats: 21 MPG, 9.5 PPG, 51% FG, 38% 3P

Numbers are eerily similar to Vital’s AAU stats

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills reading through that URI board thread. Some dude just commented “UConn” on the thread for Omar so they just “UConn commit” in the title?

Reaction Score
With the other names being thrown around here, I’ll pass on this kid for now

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm fairly sure KO offered a while back on this kid
Let's see what others DH is looking at first though

Reaction Score
Omar Silverio: St. Ray’s Senior & Santa Clara Commit Looks to Make Noise in His Last High School Season for Ravens
Another program that he has a strong connection with is New Heights, an AAU program and a community-based organization that he’s been with since middle school. “They were the first people that was there for me. That’s family right there, whatever they need in the future, I’ll try to give it to them,” says Silverio about his close relationship with the program. Over this past summer, he averaged 7.5 points per game on the Under Armour Association for New Heights.

Reaction Score
I get the connections. His AAU program's coach going to a new school with a need for a guard and he decommits the same day. But surely we're aiming higher than 7.5ppg in the UA circuit and a Santa Clara commit?

Reaction Score
I get the connections. His AAU program's coach going to a new school with a need for a guard and he decommits the same day. But surely we're aiming higher than 7.5ppg in the UA circuit and a Santa Clara commit?
Ended up 9.5, but more importantly I’d say that you have to keep in mind he’d be a 5th guard. Think Goldwire for Duke. No 4 stars are lining up for that role on any team. It’s also pretty necessary given Gilbert’s lengthy injury history.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Yea, and St. Raymond was terrible. But I'm pretty sure he has a standing UCONN offer, also has a URI offer. Would Hurley pull the offer after hiring his coach?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Ended up 9.5, but more importantly I’d say that you have to keep in mind he’d be a 5th guard. Think Goldwire for Duke. No 4 stars are lining up for that role on any team. It’s also pretty necessary given Gilbert’s lengthy injury history.
Wait, who's our 4th guard? Wilson is not a guard in Hurley's system, he's a 3 getting time at the 4.

Reaction Score
Looked into him and people say he lives in the gym, gets up hundreds of shots every day and as a result improved throughout his senior season. P5 coaches are on him now he seems like a case of a late bloomer, elite shooter.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but the people on the Lecque thread suggested that we wouldn't be recruiting him unless it was as part of a package deal with Lecque. So maybe this is good news on that front? Stand alone, I think we'd prefer Adams.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but the people on the Lecque thread suggested that we wouldn't be recruiting him unless it was as part of a package deal with Lecque. So maybe this is good news on that front? Stand alone, I think we'd prefer Adams.
My guess is Adams is committing this weekend and we're trying to push for Lecque without Silverio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom