Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
D073E8CC-5153-4684-9B6F-AE99346E918C.jpeg

Attachments

• BEE75A40-CC10-45DB-9D21-A19351E4A2C8.jpeg
    BEE75A40-CC10-45DB-9D21-A19351E4A2C8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Someone tell me he doesn't look different- most of the team looks like this now as opposed to 2 years ago. Tell me how that doesn't translate to a better product on the field?
Because they they didn't get drubbed by a combined score of 161-12 in 4 replacement away games. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Great to see. Should help keep them from being manhandled. Of course, these reps aren’t football reps either.

Reaction Score
They definitely look bigger and stronger. What will be key is have they increased their speed and quickness. Can't hit something you can't catch.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its certainly promising.

If you really pause and look through the spring practice videos you can see up and down the roster its a thicker team. Thicker necks, thicker arms, ticker torsos and thighs. We should play with far more confidence at the point of attack both on O and D. We should play with more confidence that we can physically make the plays and take on the opposition head on.

Still have to play smart....and the coaches will need to deploy a smart game plan each week. Actual in game strategy and in game adjustment will be tested this season as we close the physicality gap. The OL game plan will need to be creative to get the ball to playmakers.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
And no one looks like a body builder.
RE V1 used to own the line of scrimmage and we never looked big or stout enough to do it. We now look like a legit football team.

The last 3-4 years of RE 1.0 definitely had lines that looked the part of road graders. They were tall and had thick lower bases and broad shoulders.

Reaction Score
Don't see how a DLine that is now physically ready to be populated with players with P5 or multiple P5 offers cannot be better than years past. Plus Watts had a very good year backing up K Jones and he is now 20-30 lbs. bigger. T

Reaction Score
Yet it elicited a response.
They're just mad because it it makes their "we should have played for the experience" argument looking completely idiotic. Scoring 12 points over the course of 4 days does nothing but destroy morale of the team and in no way, shape or form makes UMass any better this year.

Husky25

Reaction Score
They're just mad because it it makes their "we should have played for the experience" argument looking completely idiotic. Scoring 12 points over the course of 4 days does nothing but destroy morale of the team and in no way, shape or form makes UMass any better this year.
10. 2 points were self-inflicted by the opponent.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
At some point you morons should really check the scoreboard and realize how insanely off base most of you have been for the better part of the last decade.

Since the Fiesta Bowl we are 30-79, and the last four seasons we are 9-39.

And every single season the usual suspects post the same drivel about how they look great in the spring game, or player X has gotten bigger stronger faster, or how this is the year we surprise everyone and win 6 games.

The vast majority of you don't have a leg to stand as far as predictions are concerned, and not only that, but the idea you mock the last handful of people here that have any sense of reality is even funnier.

Husky25

Reaction Score
At some point you morons should really check the scoreboard and realize how insanely off base most of you have been for the better part of the last decade.

And every single season the usual suspects post the same drivel about how they look great in the spring game, or player X has gotten bigger stronger faster, or how this is the year we surprise everyone and win 6 games.

The vast majority of you don't have a leg to stand as far as predictions are concerned, and not only that, but the idea you mock the last handful of people here that have any sense of reality is even funnier.

Thank you for your interest in UConn Football (Did I do it right?).

Reaction Score

True words. But, you have to keep believing the BS with the hope that one day it’s not the same old crap sandwich. Every year I’ve willfully deluded myself. RE has to perform now or we have to get off the merry-go-round.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
True words. But, you have to keep believing the BS with the hope that one day it’s not the same old crap sandwich. Every year I’ve willfully deluded myself. RE has to perform now or we have to get off the merry-go-round.

Trust me, against my better judgment I still remain optimistic and hopeful about the program in the long term as an independent. What does that mean? Hopefully being bowl eligible and playing some games that matter to us as fans along the way.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

There isn't really much of a choice here. Either start the season with a hopeful mindset and look for signs of improvement or go the easy path of throwing stones and casting doubt. Regardless, the season is close and when it comes we'll see what the right POV was.

Reaction Score
I think everyone here agrees with your last sentence. If improvement is not evident, the RE 2.0 era will end.

Reaction Score
I think everyone here agrees with your last sentence. If improvement is not evident, the RE 2.0 era will end.
There isn't really much of a choice here. Either start the season with a hopeful mindset and look for signs of improvement or go the easy path of throwing stones and casting doubt. Regardless, the season is close and when it comes we'll see what the right POV was.
Exit 4 you make to much sense for most of the boneyarders.

Reaction Score
I'm one those people that believes this team has turned the corner. I believe last year has solidified the team as a team and not a bunch of individual contributors which I think has been a problem for them since Diaco was fired. I think morale is going to be very high at the beginning of the season and will really get their confidence going by mid-season. Do I think this will translate to wins? Sure, we can surprise 1 or 2 teams. I've said it in other threads, there 4 is the bare minimum, 6 is obtainable and 7-8 is if we play perfect every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom