Olympic women's basketball tournament (5x5) (SPOILER ALERT) | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Olympic women's basketball tournament (5x5) (SPOILER ALERT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No I wasn't. I wasn't looking at her facial expression. What I was looking at was
her holding the ball high over her head without immediately looking to pass in a
way to make fun of her shorter opponent for all to see. The referee's smile suggests
that she was successful.

You didn't see it that way. Fine.

Okay I didn't feel that way at all. But I understand what you’re saying. No problem.

But I felt she was holding it high waiting to make a pass. But the way Japan was very aggressively up in Team USA's faces with guard play and being so physical while trying to push tempo- I felt this was nothing more than similarly a guard dribbling 30-35 feet from the basket.

Matter-of-fact prior to this photo being showed here- I spoke of DT never getting ahead of herself and part of that means "don't get rushed." When I made this type of comment I had recalled this play briefly (among others). I liked it. In some cases Japan "wants" the quick pass. I felt what DT was doing was nothing more than slowing pace and would not allow herself to be rushed so a Japan player can jump/pickoff the next pass.

Reaction Score
Okay I didn't feel that way at all. But I understand what you’re saying. No problem.

But I felt she was holding it high waiting to make a pass. But the way Japan was very aggressively up in Team USA's faces with guard play and being so physical while trying to push tempo- I felt this was nothing more than similarly a guard dribbling 30-35 feet from the basket.

Matter-of-fact prior to this photo being showed here- I spoke of DT never getting ahead of herself and part of that means "don't get rushed." When I made this type of comment I had recalled this play briefly (among others). I liked it. In some cases Japan "wants" the quick pass. I felt what DT was doing was nothing more than slowing pace and would not allow herself to be rushed so a Japan player can jump/pickoff the next pass.
Who says some of the boneyard fans don’t know basketball. Great observation and an example being set tongue young players

Reaction Score
Did not meant to suggest they were PGs. Gray and Ionescu are the closest to "pure" PGs in the league right now, outside Bird and Vandersloot. I'm a big fan of Cloud in DC but I don't think she's a good enough shooter to make the team.
I think this began with youth and AAU coaches. If a guard, show you can score, shoot the 3 and drive. You don't get attention with assists. I don't see a lot of choices in the future and I do believe you need one to dominate.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I think this is a really not fair competition , and both the ref and DT are smiling :p .

View attachment 68989
Take this out if the Olympics and put this into a C-level gym in Ohio, and this very well could be a picture of me playing basketball in high school.

Note: I am not the Diana in this situation. :oops:

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Not Dee twerking lol
Ha apparently it's been quite a hit on Twitter. One retweet I saw said: "I didn't have Diana Taurasi twerking on my 2021 bingo card." :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom