Olliie's coaching(?) move | The Boneyard

Olliie's coaching(?) move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
did anyone think that when he realized cinci was not a great scoring team we went into that sagging switching zone? This is when brimah had his big block midway in the second half. It wasn't quite as sexy as jalen's shot, But I think the momentum and sway of the game as well as our conditioning, started there.

PWS

Reaction Score
did anyone think that when he realized cinci was not a great scoring team we went into that sagging switching zone? This is when brimah had his big block midway in the second half. It wasn't quite as sexy as jalen's shot, But I think the momentum and sway of the game as well as our conditioning, started there.
I agree. Though, I was surprised he didn't go back to it during any of the OTs as Caupain was killing us on the dribble drives.

C

Chief00

Overall though that sagging zone seldom works and confuses us more than our opponent.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Can this be taken as a token wisp of appreciation towards KO?
WOW
Better keep Tenspro off of this or he may breakout in hives

Reaction Score
I watched the two 2014 final four games last week. We won both of those games employing three guards for long stretches. KO seems to be doing the same thing now with DHam as the 3rd guard. He finally seems to acknowledge that Gibbs is good at bringing the ball up but then either Hamilton or Adams should be initiating the offense, with Gibbs drifting to the wing as a shooter. It was really encouraging to see this, I hope this is what we continue to see moving forward. I also thought he designed some good plays to get Miller more touches.

Reaction Score
It also seemed that as the game progressed, Cincy's perimeter defense grew weaker. Perhaps tired legs or just being slowed by injury, but when we were able to get into the lane, good things happened. That penetration wasn't available in the first 10 mins. I think that's the key for UConn.

Reaction Score
It also seemed that as the game progressed, Cincy's perimeter defense grew weaker. Perhaps tired legs or just being slowed by injury, but when we were able to get into the lane, good things happened. That penetration wasn't available in the first 10 mins. I think that's the key for UConn.
Who can ever argue with some good penetration?

Reaction Score
Can this be taken as a token wisp of appreciation towards KO?
WOW
Better keep Tenspro off of this or he may breakout in hives

So because I've been critical of the staff during a disappointing season, that makes me a hater and unable to appreciate when KO makes a smart coaching move?

There's just no understanding of nuance anymore.

Reaction Score
So because I've been critical of the staff during a disappointing season, that makes me a hater and unable to appreciate when KO makes a smart coaching move?

KO was disastrous yesterday. Don't kid yourself. The last 3 minutes of the game was a clinic in failing to manage kids, and the last possession management and play calling was equally appalling. His kids saved him.

Reaction Score

You know what a pom pom waver he is, to a nauseating degree. I wouldn't waste a second of thought on it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Overall though that sagging zone seldom works and confuses us more than our opponent.

Except this time it did. Should have stuck with it though.

Reaction Score
KO was disastrous yesterday. Don't kid yourself. The last 3 minutes of the game was a clinic in failing to manage kids, and the last possession management and play calling was equally appalling. His kids saved him.

Same kids who in the final minute, couldn't even bring the ball up the court without turning it over twice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom