Ollie's worst performance | The Boneyard

Ollie's worst performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What did I just watch? We have 1:30 left in a 5 point game and Ollie has them play it out, a 45% ft shooter is on the floor for Tulsa and he had the ball just waiting to be fouled and we don't foul. We let them shoot with basically no time on the shot clock they get the offensive rebound and he let's them run the entire shot clock again. This is Ollie's worst coaching moment so far.

Reaction Score
How do you not foul smith when he has the ball? Don't they go over that during the timeout

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
What did I just watch? We have 1:30 left in a 5 point game and Ollie has them play it out, a 45% ft shooter is on the floor for Tulsa and he had the ball just waiting to be fouled and we don't foul. We let them shoot with basically no time on the shot clock they get the offensive rebound and he let's them run the entire shot clock again. This is Ollie's worst coaching moment so far.

Agree. Terrible decision.

Reaction Score
He was ok letting it ride the first time but the second 35 didnt make sense.

Reaction Score
It was a bad decision but given everything we saw did you really expect them to pull it out? You can't play for 5 minutes and expect to win, no show by Boat and then Purvis and Hamilton reviving their "death by a thousand cuts" routine, they weren't going to win this game.

Reaction Score
Yeah as soon as we didn't get the first board gotta foul.

Reaction Score
It was a bad decision but given everything we saw did you really expect them to pull it out? You can't play for 5 minutes and expect to win, no show by Boat and then Purvis and Hamilton reviving their "death by a thousand cuts" routine, they weren't going to win this game.
They definitely weren't pulling that one out.

But that doesn't make it any less strange that their head coach didn't feel like coaching tonight.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
This team is just so inconsistent it's not funny. worst coaching job by Ollie by far. He's clearly distracted.

Reaction Score
It's like they aren't practicing. Basic stuff they are choking on.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It's not only that decision. Team looked unprepared, he didn't use timeouts properly, he didn't look engaged in the game at all. He looked defeated.

Reaction Score
No but I expect Ollie to coach, he wasn't into this game and the last 1:30 was little league stuff. I love KO but this was the worst I've seen from him. I know he's dealing with a lot but this was just a weird performance.

Reaction Score
This team is just so inconsistent it's not funny. worst coaching job by Ollie by far. He's clearly distracted.
I agree. His personal life must be really affecting him. We've seen 3 or 4 games this year where the team was lethargic, sloppy and seemingly unprepared. I don't recall seeing that much if at all KO's first two years.

Reaction Score
So much to point out...so much. Few minutes for Calhoun? Do we even know how to play a zone? Do we? Because we basically let a team that can't shoot from the outside, spread us out all game and take it to the hoop, get us in foul trouble and get easy buckets.

Reaction Score
This is like the third game in a row where Ollie literally just sat on the bench the whole game, completely passive. I've seen this before from him and I just don't get it. How can you be fired up, and work the refs, and get your team pumped up one game, and then the next game just sit there??? I'm completely puzzled by his Jekyll and Hyde sideline coaching from game to game.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
This is by far the WTF game of this decade.
WTF - illegal / moving screens.
WTF - missed free throws
WTF - KO sitting down the whole game
WTF - foul calls
WTF - was that sitting next to Mateen Cleaves.
I'm getting the buds and the Guinness Stout out tonight.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Calhoun got torched 3 times in the minimal amount of burn he got. And two of them he wasn't even trying. If you're going to stand upright on defense you're asking not to play. I love Calhoun but he didn't earn minutes tonight (not that any guard other than TSam played well).

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Hate to say it, if coach needs to step aside the rest of the season to deal with life, it might benefit himself and the team. This isn't the same fiery coach we've seen the last few years. It's like he's on another planet, almost coaching down to who's he playing.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
We deserved to lose tonight. Actually I am kind of glad we lost based on the way we played. Hopefully this lights a fire under their a*&^%. Only Coach knows this team's issues. Everything else we say is just speculation and all we can do is just support them. I trust in Coach, he is human, we all have bad days at work sometimes.

Reaction Score
Haven't we seem him do this before? I seem to remember it happening last year. I'm not blaming his divorce for a bad job.

Reaction Score

Bingo - during the time out they should have been told "Do not foul unless you get the 45% shooter alone away form the basket, then pounce immediately" and they had numerous chances. Really bad effort down the stretch and really all game by KO and the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom