Ollie's Press Conference - Interesting | The Boneyard

Ollie's Press Conference - Interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
" I got to find guys that want to play for each other and not for themselves "

" At least Boat tried to play while Hurt, while others are sitting on the bench being Hurt "

" We have to find Toughness "

" in all my life, I've never seen any team get just 1 offensive rebound "

" I'm not a Loser " ....Pause " My Team isn't a Loser "

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Really hoping magic can be worked in practice from now through the end of the season. I still have faith in KO, but man is this a difficult situation for any coach to be in.

Reaction Score
Ollie looked like a Beaten Man during that press conference.
I have a feeling he will be taking it out on his players during practice.

a lot of red flags tho.
doesn't sound like a very tight knit team.

Reaction Score
Pretty stunning comments.

He said others too so I think he is referencing both Calhoun and Purvis.

This team isn't built to sustain injuries and the coach thinks some players are milking them. That's a recipe for distrust and disorganization which is what we have. I have thought they were too but didn't want to voice it without proof but there you have it from the horse's mouth. No way should an MCL sprain take this long.

Reaction Score
Yeah, Calhoun not playing is Unacceptable.
He's here to play Ball.
You're NOT HURT,
So go help your Teammates and Play Ball.

I loved Calhoun his freshman year.
That Calhoun seems long gone.

Reaction Score
" At least Boat tried to play while Hurt, while others are sitting on the bench being Hurt "
*sniff sniff* do you smell something burning? Because Purvis and Omar just got burned

Reaction Score
at least Purvis tried to play.
he looked terrible to start the game though.

He tried and then gave up. Boat, who was probably hurting just as much if not more, didn't. And there's the problem.

Reaction Score
Purvis sorta looks like he needs to be 100% to be effective.
he already looks slow enough when he is healthy.

Reaction Score
You could tell Boat was hurt. Probably lower than the 80-85 percent they said he was playing at. Biggest indicator was barely being able to lay in a ball he usually throws down with authority coming off a steal.

Omar...just freaking quit already.

Reaction Score

Nobody playing college basketball from October until March is ever 100% healthy. If you can't fight through injury than your pretty much useless because everyone at some point gets some type of injury they need to fight through playing that many months. The coach doesn't think some of his players are doing that.

Reaction Score

Wow, rough, but it had to be said.

Reaction Score
I posted over the summer that I could not believe KO did not add any grad transfers given both our numbers and the success we had with them the past two years.
You simply cannot get better practicing against walk ons during the season, and in fact you probably get worse. This will hamper their development all season because the scholly players cannot stay healthy.

H

huskymagic

This team isn't built to sustain injuries and the coach thinks some players are milking them. That's a recipe for distrust and disorganization which is what we have. I have thought they were too but didn't want to voice it without proof but there you have it from the horse's mouth. No way should an MCL sprain take this long.

That's exactly what I said but now all of a sudden we jump on the bandwagon. I was right on Purvis and on Calhoun.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
king conn said:
I posted over the summer that I could not believe KO did not add any grad transfers given both our numbers and the success we had with them the past two years. You simply cannot get better practicing against walk ons during the season, and in fact you probably get worse. This will hamper their development all season because the scholly players cannot stay healthy.

Every team in the country practices against walk ons

H

huskymagic

Translation: KO is talking about Boatright

Translation: KO talking about Omar number 1 and the Ferrari number 2.

Reaction Score

Maybe Bilas' article today about KO and Hoiberg going to the NBA is accurate.

Reaction Score
Giving schollies to walkons is a nice gesture but...we couldn't find two dudes on the planet that wanted to play for the national champs that could actually help the team outside of APR? Find a dude who can rebound KO...

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
You could tell Boat was hurt. Probably lower than the 80-85 percent they said he was playing at. Biggest indicator was barely being able to lay in a ball he usually throws down with authority coming off a steal.

Omar...just freaking quit already.
Quit already??? What the hell do call this then? He is well already done that.

Reaction Score
Quit already??? What the hell do call this then? He is well already done that.
Give us the schollie he hasn't been earning the last two years back. KO would probably just give to some dude who got an A in physics that may or may not know how to play basketball anyways so nevermind.

Reaction Score

I sprained an MCL in High School playing football. I had swelling, soreness and discoloration. I started rehabbing, if you can call it that, four days after the injury and was back playing football in 2 weeks. Omar is taking way too long. If I were Ollie I would tell him, if the team determines he is not ready in 2 weeks, he will be redshirted.

Reaction Score
He was quoted in the paper saying, "I need to be 90-95% before I hop out there."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom