Ollie watched 5* center Moses Brown | The Boneyard

Ollie watched 5* center Moses Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most of these coaches would sell their soul for him

Reaction Score
Probably a safe bet. Ollie should be watching Ignas.
Seems like KO still shooting for moon. Wish he would learn from his many recruiting mistakes and I'm a huge fan of KO. Fish in that 30-100 range that has been so fertile for us.

Reaction Score
Seems like KO still shooting for moon. Wish he would learn from his many recruiting mistakes and I'm a huge fan of KO. Fish in that 30-100 range that has been so fertile for us.
We've offered a bunch of kids in that range. He watched one game from this kid on a Friday night during the second AAU session.

Reaction Score
See a lot of talk for Maryland. Why do recruits seem to hold Maryland in such high regard? We are both big state schools with UConn holding an immense amount more success throughout history and through even the last 10 years. Why do they seem to continuously draw top talent and also beat us out when we've gone head to head (Diamond Stone)?

Reaction Score
See a lot of talk for Maryland. Why do recruits seem to hold Maryland in such high regard? We are both big state schools with UConn holding an immense amount more success throughout history and through even the last 10 years. Why do they seem to continuously draw top talent and also beat us out when we've gone head to head (Diamond Stone)?
Ander Armour and the B1G

Reaction Score
Here's the thing people: when Ollie is watching these "shoot for the moon" players. There are 30-100 ranked players ON THEIR TEAMS. it's not a 1:1 NBA workout it's a basketball game.

Every star player has wannabe stars with their team in AAU. Same hold true for college ball. Half the kids join those teams so when Duke, Kentucky, UNC, uconn (sort of...) etc. are watching the stars in tournaments, they can get viewed by high level coaches and get late offers.

Reaction Score
The idea that UConn shouldn't go after studs is crazy to me.
Cincy doesn't land studs. They also never advance past the first weekend of the NCAA.

Why would UConn stop recruiting studs when it landed the likes of Daniel Hamilton, Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert in the last few years?

I mean, yes, maybe don't go after the big men studs, because UConn has always had trouble landing them (except for local Drummond). But even then, UConn has also had trouble with the top 100 big men (Jesse Govan, Paschal Chukwu, etc.)

Reaction Score
Cincy doesn't land studs. They also never advance past the first weekend of the NCAA.

Why would UConn stop recruiting studs when it landed the likes of Daniel Hamilton, Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert in the last few years?

I mean, yes, maybe don't go after the big men studs, because UConn has always had trouble landing them (except for local Drummond). But even then, UConn has also had trouble with the top 100 big men (Jesse Govan, Paschal Chukwu, etc.)

He just needs to figure out where he stands a bit earlier than like Diallo. :eek:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Here's the thing people: when Ollie is watching these "shoot for the moon" players. There are 30-100 ranked players ON THEIR TEAMS. it's not a 1:1 NBA workout it's a basketball game.

Every star player has wannabe stars with their team in AAU. Same hold true for college ball. Half the kids join those teams so when Duke, Kentucky, UNC, UConn (sort of...) etc. are watching the stars in tournaments, they can get viewed by high level coaches and get late offers.

This proved prophetic!

Reaction Score

I guess I would say skip 5-star studs that are bigs and be very careful about wasting time on a 5-star unless sure of interest. Clearly rique was a guy that had reciprocal interest and worth it. But how many times does KO have to get caught with his pants down to not learn. Whomever said he is looking at other guys, good point. Missed that.

I really think Chillious and Killings may help him be more astute and hopefully all the mistakes he has learned from. I love casting a wider net. I'm absolutely pulling for KO.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Question: talking with a friend trying to remember the name of that big who was like a Dwight Howard clone we were after a few years ago think he ended up going to Vanderbilt or Purdue. Anyone remember? If so what happened to him?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He just needs to figure out where he stands a bit earlier than like Diallo. :eek:
Bigger issue was passing on other, lesser studs in the quixotic pursuit of Diallo.

Getting Simi Shittu would be great. But if, say, a top 40 PF wants us to really recruit him? Let's take that guy this time.

Reaction Score
Bigger issue was passing on other, lesser studs in the quixotic pursuit of Diallo.

Getting Simi Shittu would be great. But if, say, a top 40 PF wants us to really recruit him? Let's take that guy this time.
+1000% that was really my gripe and where all the mistakes have come.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Think the 'Next' is loaded as 99 points out and not purposely being cryptic in this instance, that said - no shot of him landing in Storrs.
Didn't intend to call you out. Sorry about that. So if there is no shot then who in that game was he actually watching?

Reaction Score
Question: talking with a friend trying to remember the name of that big who was like a Dwight Howard clone we were after a few years ago think he ended up going to Vanderbilt or Purdue. Anyone remember? If so what happened to him?
Had a freshman year at Vandy like Durham had here, he didn't do much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom