Ollie Pumped for 2015-16 season from Dom Amore @ Courant | The Boneyard

Ollie Pumped for 2015-16 season from Dom Amore @ Courant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
“I want to be your head basketball coach for a long, long time,” Ollie told the audience, a reference to off-season rumors about NBA coaching opportunities. “Everybody’s got these [theories], ‘I’m going here, I’m going there.’ I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere, because my family’s first and you guys are my family.”

But Zagoria said....

Reaction Score
“I want to be your head basketball coach for a long, long time,” Ollie told the audience, a reference to off-season rumors about NBA coaching opportunities. “Everybody’s got these [theories], ‘I’m going here, I’m going there.’ I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere, because my family’s first and you guys are my family.”

But Zagoria said....

Damn you UCbcm, beat me to it

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

But Zagoria said....
TCF quoted this last week when Ollie woke up and thought this. He wins.

Reaction Score
KO with a good point , a lot of teams will struggle to score with a reduced clock . They need to put some sort of defensive violation to combat the overuse of zones IMO . Driving lanes open up if you can't have three guys hanging out in the paint while your guards match up top

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The quote that stuck out to me was competition in practice and for playing time.

Last year's team didn't have enough high level players who could push the starters in practice to get better or push for minutes in a game. Phil, Rock and Kentan could practice all day against each and none would get better.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
BOOM
"My favorite thing, the best thing is when I get a commitment," Ollie told the audience. "When somebody says, 'I'm committed to you coach, I'm committed to UConn.' Because, personally, I know what it's done for me, as a man, as a father of two beautiful kids. That's what gives me the strength to keep going on. I don't look at recruiting as an obligation. I look at it as an opportunity. Yes, I get tired. I'm not a robot. I get tired on plane rides.

"… I don't make excuses, I make adjustments. We went 20-15, that means I've got to recruit harder, I've got to get the best players, I've got to do something different. But I'm never going to make excuses for this fan base."

Reaction Score
BOOM
"My favorite thing, the best thing is when I get a commitment," Ollie told the audience. "When somebody says, 'I'm committed to you coach, I'm committed to UConn.' Because, personally, I know what it's done for me, as a man, as a father of two beautiful kids. That's what gives me the strength to keep going on. I don't look at recruiting as an obligation. I look at it as an opportunity. Yes, I get tired. I'm not a robot. I get tired on plane rides.

"… I don't make excuses, I make adjustments. We went 20-15, that means I've got to recruit harder, I've got to get the best players, I've got to do something different. But I'm never going to make excuses for this fan base."
The best thing about that quote is a 2o win season at UConn being considered a failed year.
Our low end bar is set pretty high, but our high end bar is always the ultimate.

caw

Reaction Score
The best thing about that quote is a 2o win season at UConn being considered a failed year.
Our low end bar is set pretty high, but our high end bar is always the ultimate.

Yep, when an elite eight team (2006) is considered a failure, the bar is set high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom