Ollie pull Hamilton after mistakes! | The Boneyard

Ollie pull Hamilton after mistakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My apologies in advance for trolling but need to vent this steam immediately.

Worst 5 minutes of basketball from Hamilton I think I have ever seen. Turnover after turnover after turnover. Slow and soft transition defense. And wild last second shots on the offensive end. Now this is specifically aimed at the final 5 minutes of the half, not the entirety of the first half b/c he did have spurts of doing what he should be doing for 40 MIN of bball which we just can't seem to get from this guy EVER.

What frustrates me the most is that Ollie doesn't pull this guy after all of these continuous mistakes! It would take ONE lapse from a player for JC to pull them. I counted a good 6 or 7 mistakes IN A ROW from Hamilton and Ollie just shrugs it off on the sideline while Houston goes on an 8-0 run to close the half. Turnover, missed mark on transition D, followed by another turnover, followed by a travel...goodness gracious. Starting to get sick of Hamilton's special treatment.

We'll see what the second half has in store for us.....

Thanks for the understanding of this venting, boneyard is the only outlet and therapy for me when plays like this are happening.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As much as I cringe at DHam's play I'm happy that KO isn't doing a JC because unlike Rodney and Jalen who can handle a quick hook I doubt DHam could.

Reaction Score
It's hard to be mad when Jamie Erdahl is on my TV again.

Reaction Score
Pull Brimah please, amazing how bad of a rebounder he is, let's up so many 2nd chance points

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
How many times are Gibbs and Purvis going to drive the lane and come up with zero points?

Reaction Score
It's really bad.

Guys make mistakes but Hamilton shows zero effort. Omar screws up but he does so trying his hardest. Hamilton makes a Dumb pass at the end of the half trying to throw it over the d for a fast break. Fine. It happens.

But then he literally walks back on d as Houston is rushing towards our hoop. The guy misses a layup as ham is walking under the hoop. He makes zero effort to box out or jump up for the rebound. And his man just dunks it on him.

It was a truly appalling display of effort. But Ollie doesn't sit him in fact he lets him take the shot at the end of the next possession. And we wonder why we continue to make the same mistakes over and over.

You can not let your supposed best player be that lazy and disinterested.

Reaction Score
Are we playing "pick random inconsequential things to make us hate our players even more"? Good, count me out.
Let them go now. There's no stopping it. Just get some good food; it's time for some real entertainment.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Are we playing "pick random inconsequential things to make us hate our players even more"? Good, count me out.

You couldn't be more wrong. It speaks to DHam's mindset. He is more concerned with fooling around with someone on the bench than he is with getting back on defense.
It's not a winning attitude.

Reaction Score
What was the Missed bunny count - most important stat of the game

Reaction Score
My apologies in advance for trolling but need to vent this steam immediately.

Worst 5 minutes of basketball from Hamilton I think I have ever seen. Turnover after turnover after turnover. Slow and soft transition defense. And wild last second shots on the offensive end. Now this is specifically aimed at the final 5 minutes of the half, not the entirety of the first half b/c he did have spurts of doing what he should be doing for 40 MIN of bball which we just can't seem to get from this guy EVER.

What frustrates me the most is that Ollie doesn't pull this guy after all of these continuous mistakes! It would take ONE lapse from a player for JC to pull them. I counted a good 6 or 7 mistakes IN A ROW from Hamilton and Ollie just shrugs it off on the sideline while Houston goes on an 8-0 run to close the half. Turnover, missed mark on transition D, followed by another turnover, followed by a travel...goodness gracious. Starting to get sick of Hamilton's special treatment.

We'll see what the second half has in store for us.....

Thanks for the understanding of this venting, boneyard is the only outlet and therapy for me when plays like this are happening.

He actually brought us back in the 2nd half, his decision making however wasn't the greatest. When we took the lead, he had two open looks on two different plays and he kicked it out to Rodney for a 3 both times, both were misses. Turning point of the game I thought.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You couldn't be more wrong. It speaks to DHam's mindset. He is more concerned with fooling around with someone on the bench than he is with getting back on defense.
It's not a winning attitude.

What a bunch of jack. You probably also think that we lose these games because nobody curses at the players anymore.

Reaction Score
Problem is DHAM was the only guy who came to play offensively with JA. Without him we lose by over 10.

Reaction Score
He actually brought us back in the 2nd half, his decision making however wasn't the greatest. When we took the lead, he had two open looks on two different plays and he kicked it out to Rodney for a 3 both times, both were misses. Turning point of the game I thought.

Yeah if we had ended up winning the game with the way he played in the 2nd half I was gonna post that this thread was very ill timed haha. But again the end of that first half was the worst bball from Hamilton I have seen all year, which means VERY BAD taking into account his Dr. Jeckel & Mr. Hyde play the entire season...

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Man this Uconn team raises my blood pressure...and I'm 25 years old. Feel terrible for all of you older Uconn fans
Twin 4-year old grandsons, great jazz, crackling fire, and no subscription to CBSS. #Winningprescription. What was Houston's shooting percentage in the second half? Final 5 minutes? Looks like another game I don't want to see on Uconnhuskygames.

Reaction Score
Twin 4-year old grandsons, great jazz, crackling fire, and no subscription to CBSS. #Winningprescription. What was Houston's shooting percentage in the second half? Final 5 minutes? Looks like another game I don't want to see on Uconnhuskygames.

They had a 60% 2nd half FG%....Guy named Dotson crushed us all game with his quick release mid range jumpers and a dagger 3 pointer late in the shot clock towards the end of the game. Tons of missed defensive assignments and slow to get back on transition D. No one but Hamilton showed up on offense, Miller in early foul trouble was the major momentum swing in the middle of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom