Ollie Needs To Go ASAP | The Boneyard

Ollie Needs To Go ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching this today and what we have seen the last 3 years including the quality of recruits that Ollie is bringing in, AD Dave Benedict needs to let Ollie go ASAP.

Reading these post game quotes only solidifies my opinion that Ollie needs to go as he is tarnishing UCONN's reputation so badly that we are almost at a point of no return.

A coaching change is the only way to get the team playing at a high level and playing hard. This team has lost all confidence in themselves and in Ollie after today.

I have confidence in AD Dave he has good instincts and good judgement, but we have to make this move now to start recruiting and re-recruiting James Akinjo at least.

Reaction Score
We lost the last two games by 55 points? Haven't reached a S16 since 2014? Burn it down now and start over

Reaction Score
Who didn't realize that blowing up a top 10 recruiting class and bringing back only 2 players from last year wouldn't result in some struggles, especially in the early season? And, many of the players brought into the program were essentially filler or depth and not big time players?

Today, was the biggest WTF loss that I can remember, but the team can still win 20 to 22 games this year.

I'm not sold on Ollie, but I'm willing to see how the season plays out.

Reaction Score
Forget about Ollie for a second and just focus on the fact that they are not making the tournament again this year. They will again be in a position where they have to win the conference tourney and they will not.

Reaction Score
AAC equals Mid-Major, when are husky fans are going to realize we are not in a power 5 conference. We are not going to get better, but worse. We can't draw the recruits like we did in the Big East. It's not Ollie's fault it the way it's going to be as long as we are in this Hell Hole AAC.

Reaction Score
If AAC is so horrible how did Cincinnati pull away and be solid this season? Half the history and success of UConn yet are in a realm of their own compared to us. They have to fight Ohio State for recruits and still beat us. Blaming the AAC is a small mans game and a joke. Talent comes in and nothing happens past their freshman year.

Reaction Score
AAC equals Mid-Major, when are husky fans are going to realize we are not in a power 5 conference. We are not going to get better, but worse. We can't draw the recruits like we did in the Big East. It's not Ollie's fault it the way it's going to be as long as we are in this Hell Hole AAC.

This is laughable. Many schools outside the P5 are getting top 30 recruiting classes. Heck, in 2016, UConn's recruiting class was rated 8 by 247. And, how do you explain in in the current top 25, the following schools: Villanova, Wichita St, Cincinnati, Xavier, Gonzaga, Seton Hall, St. Mary's.

If you win, consistently in the top 25, and put players in the NBA, recruiting will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom