Ollie making adjustments | The Boneyard

Ollie making adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well he knew he had to do something:

"Just wanted to try something new," Ollie said. "Jalen gives us another dimension. I can get Sterling off the ball. Rodney [Purvis] is still going to play his minutes, I think he gives us a little more punch off the bench. Kentan had been playing great for us, but he and Shonn Miller have been foul prone. And when both get into foul trouble, it really messes up our rotation, so I wanted to have Kentan come off the bench if Shonn had a quick foul."

It appears Sterling likes playing off the ball:

"Jalen played great," Gibbs said. "He was just aggressive, he pushed it and he allowed me to get off the ball a little bit and that really helped me. Last year [at Seton Hall] I was able to play off the ball and on the ball. I started the game off the ball, and as the game progressed and we kind of felt stuff out I got back on the ball. He just attacked and made plays for everybody."

Not sure how Rodney feels about it, but the more comfortable and confident Jalen becomes, we could be on the right road to success this year. We have to expect and accept the freshman mistakes. If Rodney can accept this bench role whether temporary or permanent it will be for the team good.

It ain't too late, in fact its right on time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I like the big man foul management take. I noticed all three bigs stayed out of foul trouble. Being able to rotate them in and out based on match up vice foul mgmt is big for a staff.

Reaction Score
I like the big man foul management take. I noticed all three bigs stayed out of foul trouble. Being able to rotate them in and out based on match up vice foul mgmt is big for a staff.

This issue won't last very long once we get Brimah back.

Couldn't agree with Ollie more on bringing Purvis off the bench. He definitely does bring that extra punch for the second unit that was missing. Jalen started and had a great outing. Much better at getting in the lane and finishing with body control that Purvis is.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This issue won't last very long once we get Brimah back.

Couldn't agree with Ollie more on bringing Purvis off the bench. He definitely does bring that extra punch for the second unit that was missing. Jalen started and had a great outing. Much better at getting in the lane and finishing with body control that Purvis is.

Brimah is prone to fouls too. What is painfully obvious is that 20 fouls per game between PF and C is barely manageable. Who would've thunked that the team would need up to 25 fouls to alleviate rotation based off of foul trouble vice matchups.

Right now its Nolan, Facey, Miller and Enoch. When Brimah comes back those five extra fouls will be beneficial. Especially against physical teams.

Reaction Score
The one adjustment that needs to be made is figure out where Dham needs to be to score. What plays work for dham. I know he can't successfully beat 2 and 3 defenders from the top of the key. I still contend Dham needs to play in the corners more, but I'm not really sure. I think he'll see less help defense from there. Dham seems to always migrate back to the top of the key. As if he thinks he's the pg. Dham is a great ball handler, but he's still not a pg. Anyways, i hope ko can find a way to get him going.

Reaction Score
Well he knew he had to do something:

"Just wanted to try something new," Ollie said. "Jalen gives us another dimension. I can get Sterling off the ball. Rodney [Purvis] is still going to play his minutes, I think he gives us a little more punch off the bench. Kentan had been playing great for us, but he and Shonn Miller have been foul prone. And when both get into foul trouble, it really messes up our rotation, so I wanted to have Kentan come off the bench if Shonn had a quick foul."

It appears Sterling likes playing off the ball:

"Jalen played great," Gibbs said. "He was just aggressive, he pushed it and he allowed me to get off the ball a little bit and that really helped me. Last year [at Seton Hall] I was able to play off the ball and on the ball. I started the game off the ball, and as the game progressed and we kind of felt stuff out I got back on the ball. He just attacked and made plays for everybody."
So does this mean that Ollie is a Gibbs hater too?

Reaction Score
We're going to put him on the bench because "he brings a punch off the bench." Okay. That's why.

Reaction Score
We're going to put him on the bench because "he brings a punch off the bench." Okay. That's why.
You'd think if KO wanted a punch of the bench it would be Gibbs not starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky