Olivier Robinson Nkamhoua | The Boneyard

Olivier Robinson Nkamhoua

Reaction Score
I gather we are in pursuit per the below. Trust in Kenya. Google shows he is a 2019 PF with offers from Tennessee and a few other big programs . “Fast rising” 3 star per the google machine. Anyone know anything about his game??

Attachments

• 3A622426-E166-4C2C-89D2-2EA88791408B.jpeg
    3A622426-E166-4C2C-89D2-2EA88791408B.jpeg
    606.2 KB · Views: 333
Reaction Score
BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com - Alhambra Classic: Eight Hot Takes
Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua is this winter’s breakout. The Finnish forward was sidelined last year thanks to a broken leg, but each time he hits the court, he gets better and better. While he is far from a complete product, his fluidity, solid set of early ball skills and ball-hawking abilities on defense have placed his name on the tongues of a number of high-major coaching staffs nationally.

Tennessee’s Rick Barnes is expected in on Monday for him just as Maryland’s Mark Turgeon was in to see him last Friday. Look for the Bishop Walsh product to schedule his allotted official visits in the coming weeks as Illinois, Kansas State, Minnesota, Pitt, Seton Hall, St. Joe’s, Wake Forest, and Wofford sit among the others that have a chance to host Robinson-Nkamhoua.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
We could literally get almost any kid we want around these ranking if the staff puts their mind to it. They need to start up the grind again.

Reaction Score
We need to use the opportunity of not being in postseason play to get a leg up on those currently preoccupied.
And not mention that we aren’t in post season play. Very important.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'd take him. I hope the "we MUST return to our most elite years immediately and thus can only take blue-chip talent!" crew can see the value in doing so as well.

Reaction Score
I'd take him. I hope the "we MUST return to our most elite years immediately and thus can only take blue-chip talent!" crew can see the value in doing so as well.

I don't get the visceral disdain you have for people who want to see this program get back to blue-blood level, so much so that -- once again -- you feel compelled to preemptively attack an argument that hasn't even been made.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I don't get the visceral disdain you have for people who want to see this program get back to blue-blood level, so much so that -- once again -- you feel compelled to preemptively attack an argument that hasn't even been made.

Well, because you act like you're entitled to have this program return to that blue-blood level. Which you aren't, and you never were, and you never will be. I think acting entitled is one of the worst qualities people can have -- especially among grown grown men. Having to sift through hyperventilating posts from people who act indistinguishably from spoiled children (despite being close to/more than twice my age in many cases) truly makes following UConn basketball far less enjoyable for me. I don't come here to be surrounded by your (and others') misery, and I'm not going to put up with it if I don't have to.

Besides, you've posted on numerous occasions that current players/prospects are literally mentally incapable of being coached into competent basketball players. If you're so sensitive to what people are saying about you, maybe you should be more mindful of the kind of discourse you yourself put out into the world. Don't dish it out from the comfort of your couch if you can't take it yourself.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Well, because you act like you're entitled to have this program return to that blue-blood level. Which you aren't, and you never were, and you never will be. I think acting entitled is one of the worst qualities people can have -- especially among grown grown men. Having to sift through hyperventilating posts from people who act indistinguishably from spoiled children (despite being close to/more than twice my age in many cases) truly makes following UConn basketball far less enjoyable for me. I don't come here to be surrounded by your (and others') misery, and I'm not going to put up with it if I don't have to.

Besides, you've posted on numerous occasions that current players/prospects are literally mentally incapable of being coached into competent basketball players. If you're so sensitive to what people are saying about you, maybe you should be more mindful of the kind of discourse you yourself put out into the world. Don't dish it out from the comfort of your couch if you can't take it yourself.

That's fine, but at the very least can you wait until someone actually makes that argument before dragging a thread down into the muck like this? This thread is probably going to turn into 3 pages of crap that has nothing to do with Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua even though he's the whole point of it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
That's fine, but at the very least can you wait until someone actually makes that argument before dragging a thread down into the muck like this? This thread is probably going to turn into 3 pages of crap that has nothing to do with Olivier Robinson-Nkamhoua even though he's the whole point of it.

It was inevitable. I guarantee you Tenspro or someone else had a post drafted up complaining about reaches/projects/prestige/NBA cred. By preempting them, I short-circuited that digression and got it out of the way. Anyone who'd otherwise be butting in and airing their complaints should now be too humiliated to do so.

Reaction Score
He made it clear a long time ago we will never be good again, can never attract a good coach again etc.

The UConn basketball sucks thing has been his mantra for a long time now.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He made it clear a long time ago we will never be good again, can never attract a good coach again etc.

The UConn basketball sucks thing has been his mantra for a long time now.

“Good” according to the standard you’re demanding? Of course not.

The fact that we’re after this guy instead of locking up Precious to play alongside Kofi proves my point...

Reaction Score
“Good” according to the standard you’re demanding? Of course not.

The fact that we’re after this guy instead of locking up Precious to play alongside Kofi proves my point...
Who the hell is demanding we get every single recruit we target? You set up fake boogeymen to knock them down, that's why you're called the Strawmaster.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Who the hell is demanding we get every single recruit we target? You set up fake boogeymen to knock them down, that's why you're called the Strawmaster.

They’re not fake boogeymen. Your fellow posters clearly spell out their sky-high standards in their own posts. I’ve lost count of how many posts I’ve seen complaining about how far we are from the peak JC years. I’m not making these people up to help me with my arguments, they 100% exist. Maybe you need to spend your time coming to terms with that instead of slandering me.

This is also a weird hill for you to die on, considering you’ve been the loudest when it comes to the current team’s lack of talent.

Reaction Score
They’re not fake boogeymen. Your fellow posters clearly spell out their sky-high standards in their own posts. I’ve lost count of how many posts I’ve seen complaining about how far we are from the peak JC years. I’m not making these people up to help me with my arguments, they 100% exist. Maybe you need to spend your time coming to terms with that instead of slandering me.

This is also a weird hill for you to die on, considering you’ve been the loudest when it comes to the current team’s lack of talent.
The current team's talent level sucks, how is pointing out the obvious a hill to die on?

Ollie took a flamethrower to the program and Hurley is tasked with getting more talent and bringing the program back up. Why is any of this difficult for you?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The current team's talent level sucks, how is pointing out the obvious a hill to die on?

Ollie took a flamethrower to the program and Hurley is tasked with getting more talent and bringing the program back up. Why is any of this difficult for you?

It’s not difficult for me at all. I have no issue with how Hurley is replenishing the talent level. That’s because I don’t complain about Hurley recruiting players like Ugboh, this guy, or whoever the next “non-UConn level talent” you and your buddies will start flipping out over.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom