Olivia Nelson-Ododa debuts in WNBA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa debuts in WNBA

Reaction Score
Exactly. Makes zero sense to look at where they were ranked coming out of HS. Alana Beard was outside the top 40 and she ended up NPOY (along with Dee for splitting awards). Angel McCaughtry was outside the top 80 (maybe outside the top 100) and she ended up an Olympian. Where was Morrow (DePaul) ranked in HS? And yet 2nd team AA as a freshman.

Cunane was on all 3 AA lists as a senior. Liv was not. In fact, Liv did not even get an HM. So congrats to her for making a roster.

Just to spread the love a bit, Isabelle Harrison never averaged more than 14 PPG at Tennessee, ended her career under 10 PPG, never made an AA team, but also is in the league. As a starter.
cool for her, a lot of great college players don't do well in the pro's. Ever hear of Christian Laetner? Jimmer? Again the comparison was between Cunane and Olivia saying that Geno was the difference in 1 making the Wnba. No, it was that Olivia was a good enough player. She coulda gone to Texas, Notre Dame, Tenn she has unique abilities that relate to the pro's. Cunane just has one move and tries to overpower to score, in the Wnba you won't get away with that if you don't have skill or ability. She reminds me of Frank Kaminzky, another player that was great sr year in college, but he was clearly not making the Pro's. If the Nba had the same amount of roster spots as Wnba Kaminzky would have been out of the Nba a long time ago.

Reaction Score
cool for her, a lot of great college players don't do well in the pro's. Ever hear of Christian Laetner? Jimmer? Again the comparison was between Cunane and Olivia saying that Geno was the difference in 1 making the Wnba.
No" it" wasn't saying Geno "was the difference." I said he deserves credit and made it point since Charde he gets bigs in the WNBA if they were in the top 25 range and they stay for 4 years and not be hurt This is the 3rd time you are making things up. Just saying Geno does a good job with bigs and remarking how an All-American didn't make it yet Livo did. The point being Geno has been a bit criticized here and so was Liv of how they use bigs. That’s all I said.

Look at after 1st exhibition game an active thread created how Liv was going to the bench in favor of Dorka. You can go on youtube and read the criticism of Geno not putting Liv more inside. Unless you rarely read posts on here you can read all of Liv's criticisms.

I just made a remark that Liv made it and the All-American didn't. And as a result, it's a good job with Geno for helping her get in. So I've asked you, doesn't Geno deserve credit?

You keep making things up to fit your narrative. This is all I said.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom