Olivia Nelson-Ododa announcing her decision Wednesday 11/15 | The Boneyard

Olivia Nelson-Ododa announcing her decision Wednesday 11/15

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well, at least now we know exactly when the other shoe is going to drop. So far this has been a very good week, with the commitment of Williams, and a win over Stanford to begin the season. A commitment and a signed LOI by ONO to UConn would make it a great week, and a grand-slam homerun for the coaching staff, as they were two of the the top three (Collier) priorities in for 2018.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. It would make me very happy for ONO to join the Husky family. It would be a decision she would never regret. Not to mention the fact that she would look absolutely fantastic in brand new shiny bright blue & white UConn uniform. I can picture it now. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Right after she announces for UConn as far as I'm concerned.

Jordy, I think the question was about ONO's knee injury. She's been out since January, but according to her blog (Oct. 31), "I’m excited to announce that I just got cleared to practice! It’s still no-contact, but I’ve been cleared to do conditioning and skill work and things like that." She'd be an amazing addition to next year's team. Don't know if Z will be here for 2 years, but height and skill are always welcome. If ONO comes to Storrs and Z sticks around, the freshman will have plenty of time to heal.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Jordy, I think the question was about ONO's knee injury. She's been out since January, but according to her blog (Oct. 31), "I’m excited to announce that I just got cleared to practice! It’s still no-contact, but I’ve been cleared to do conditioning and skill work and things like that." She'd be an amazing addition to next year's team. Don't know if Z will be here for 2 years, but height and skill are always welcome. If ONO comes to Storrs and Z sticks around, the freshman will have plenty of time to heal.

If she comes to Storrs, that's exactly what I'm (and others) counting on.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her decision's importance ramped up with Collier's reversion to Texas. I regard the potential Aussie as a long shot. She also knows that her path is wide open with the Collier decision. The wild card ... the doctor thing.

Reaction Score
ONO's decision is impossible to predict..........others have her at Florida State or South Carolina but if there was ever a player that would have a chance to play early and often for UConn she's it..............I hope that sways her.............

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Got no call on this one. My gut says she stays in the south but I like to be wrong on these things so go UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Olivia has a different personality than Christyn, but she too seems like a quality person and is a great student. I’m optimistic. I hope she saw the first half today. She can be the understudy to Azura.

Best wishes to Olivia on her rehab! Shea can empathize.

Reaction Score
Olivia has a different personality than Christyn, but she too seems like a quality person and is a great student. I’m optimistic. I hope she saw the first half today. She can be the understudy to Azura.

Best wishes to Olivia on her rehab! Shea can empathize.

Uconn has two current players with knee issues.........Gabby seems to have thrived (knock on wood) at UConn despite having surgeries on both her knees and Coombs also is two years past ACL surgery..........

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Was she on campus with Christyn a few weeks ago?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Uconn has two current players with knee issues....Gabby seems to have thrived (knock on wood) at UConn despite having surgeries on both her knees and Coombs also is two years past ACL surgery.....
Sue Bird tore her ACL. She's had a good career despite that.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Uconn has two current players with knee issues....Gabby seems to have thrived (knock on wood) at UConn despite having surgeries on both her knees and Coombs also is two years past ACL surgery.....
I've always hoped that would be a plus for UConn. Recall that Coombs was positively impressed that UConn kept recruiting her after her injury. I was hoping ONO would feel the same way.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
My gut says Duke but I will wish her well wherever she goes. Doesn't she just look as pleasant and sweet as a Georgia peach in the OP's photo?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well, at least now we know exactly when the other shoe is going to drop. So far this has been a very good week, with the commitment of Williams, and a win over Stanford to begin the season. A commitment and a signed LOI by ONO to UConn would make it a great week, and a grand-slam homerun for the coaching staff, as they were two of the the top three (Collier) priorities in for 2018.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. It would make me very happy for ONO to join the Husky family. It would be a decision she would never regret. Not to mention the fact that she would look absolutely fantastic in brand new shiny bright blue & white UConn uniform. I can picture it now. :rolleyes:

Probably, she is announcing as late as possible so she can outdo Christyn's show. Needs 2 huskys. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom