Olineman | The Boneyard

Olineman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
it seems we have about 10 scholarships available and only have 2 olinemen. does anyone have any idea who we're looking at here? i think we brought in some good kids last year, but between our lack of depth there now, and Bryan not joining the team, it seems we could use at least 5 in this class

Reaction Score
As only huskyfandan can say:

ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor

The dash has replaced the slash. For now at least.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think five ofensive lineman is neccesary but one more would be nice

pj

Reaction Score
I don't think five ofensive lineman is neccesary but one more would be nice

A normal roster would carry 18-20 so about 4 per class is the average. We currently have 15 on the roster, Masters and Bennett are redshirt seniors but maybe Bennett will get a medical redshirt and come back. Plan on 13 returning. A class of 5 would be good, assuming they're good players. But again, you can't reach too far just to fill roster spots if you want to be a good team. We do have a lot of young lineman so 1 or 2 of those linemen could be JUCO.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
dorian miller is our #1 get right now. we need to focus on him. jordan dunham is also a guy we need to focus on and get. those 2 plus the 2 we have would be a impressive grab of oline guys. remember we lost barone earlier in the year also.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score

ol-jj smith-davenport-senn-mhiesen-correia-webster-basiclia-vaughn-bolden-fisher-mcnutt-brennan-barnett-hinkhouse-mhiesen-broxton-oshea-bugg-wilkinson-kennedy-hall-pierre-halloran-wilson-manosalvas-randall-taylor

those are all guys we have not offered but that i have seen some type of interest either way. clearly we are looking around a lot for oline guys as this list is very long compared to the others.

the reason its like that becuase when i started it was just to many names i was finding. for 2014 soon i'm going to change the chart as i got a nice sugestion from some 1 here how to do a better 1.

pj

Reaction Score
I wonder if Barone might reconsider as signing day gets close. Also, is Tevin Montgomery as an OL definitely out at this point? Hope he recovers from that ankle. If we could get Dorian Miller, Jordan Dunham, and a JUCO lineman, this would be a fantastic OL class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I wonder if Barone might reconsider as signing day gets close. Also, is Tevin Montgomery as an OL definitely out at this point? Hope he recovers from that ankle. If we could get Dorian Miller, Jordan Dunham, and a JUCO lineman, this would be a fantastic OL class.

yea sounds like montgomery is down to bc, vandy and uva. i wonder if post injury vandy and uva are still really after him. both of those schools have big time classes so hes nothing special to them compared to a bc. could be a interesting end to this with bc looking good but really being the one who didn't cool off.

Reaction Score
P is going to raid dean they have 4 guys over 6'5" and 300 lbs on their offensive line. We out them on a conditioning program and coach their footwork and wallah instant bcs bowl team

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
months ago you guys thought i was crazy talking dean and whats going on. were now using dean like other big boys use jucos down south. they help load them up every year and when they have needs they know where to go.
-burlingame
-sylva
-bryan
-neall and booges are not there but were orginally expected to. neally went out west to a juco and i don't know about booges at all...
-wrice didn't go, army instead

we will hear about a handful more of names soon i bet. one of the names to watch is Joseph Dowling. hes a kid who i think went to milford last year and now dean this year.

Reaction Score
months ago you guys thought i was crazy talking dean and whats going on. were now using dean like other big boys use jucos down south. they help load them up every year and when they have needs they know where to go.
-burlingame
-sylva
-bryan
-neall and booges are not there but were orginally expected to. neally went out west to a juco and i don't know about booges at all...
-wrice didn't go, army instead

we will hear about a handful more of names soon i bet. one of the names to watch is Joseph Dowling. hes a kid who i think went to milford last year and now dean this year.

the only thing that concerns me is we don't seem to have a lot of luck eventually getting these guys on campus when they have to prep a year or two. Nixon almost came here twice before settling at Temple. Trevardo Williams is the only guy i can really recall committing to us, prepping a year, and then fulfilling the original commitment. hopefully Sylva and Bryan will return with a few big friends that can play Oline, but I'm going to have to be skeptical

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the only thing that concerns me is we don't seem to have a lot of luck eventually getting these guys on campus when they have to prep a year or two. Nixon almost came here twice before settling at Temple. Trevardo Williams is the only guy i can really recall committing to us, prepping a year, and then fulfilling the original commitment. hopefully Sylva and Bryan will return with a few big friends that can play Oline, but I'm going to have to be skeptical

fair enough. different coach now tho so the strategy towards this is different it seems.

Reaction Score
certainly we've had much better success with JUCOs and transfers in general, so maybe we'll do better.

what i don't understand is that i saw Bryan had two core classes that didn't make NCAA approval, and it said he had to go to Dean for two years as a result. why couldn't he just take those two classes next year, along with whatever is necessary to make a full class load, and reapply next year? why is he forced to sit for two when it seems to me he only needs a year's worth (or even a semester's worth) of work. the kid from Blind Side took almost all of high school over the computer with a tutor next to him, why can Bryan take the two classes he needs and move on with his life?

pj

Reaction Score
certainly we've had much better success with JUCOs and transfers in general, so maybe we'll do better.

what i don't understand is that i saw Bryan had two core classes that didn't make NCAA approval, and it said he had to go to Dean for two years as a result. why couldn't he just take those two classes next year, along with whatever is necessary to make a full class load, and reapply next year? why is he forced to sit for two when it seems to me he only needs a year's worth (or even a semester's worth) of work. the kid from Blind Side took almost all of high school over the computer with a tutor next to him, why can Bryan take the two classes he needs and move on with his life?

Either because he had already enrolled at UConn so couldn't continue high school, or because prep classes wouldn't have met NCAA standards, or because Bryan preferred going to JUCO and playing football over taking prep classes for a year with no or minimal football.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

What happens when we recruit a guy with a hyphenated last name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom