Old Uconn-ND game featured a big-time recruit... | The Boneyard

Old Uconn-ND game featured a big-time recruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I spy Bria Hartley (behind Coach Shea) and Brian Stewart sitting next to Stewie...am I missing someone?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I spy Bria Hartley (behind Coach Shea) and Brian Stewart sitting next to Stewie...am I missing someone?
At the time, Bria was a big-time commit (Doris even mentions her by name during this broadcast), whereas Stewie was "only" a big-time recruit for just about another year.

Other than that, you might be missing a gal named Irony. :)

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, about a week after this game, Caroline Doty tore her ACL again in the Syracuse game in Hartford (also the game in which a Syracuse player tried to trip Geno in the handshake line after a 50-point loss), and her basketball prospects were changed forever.

Even so, the team went on to have an undefeated season and win an NC.

Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, about a week after this game, Caroline Doty tore her ACL again in the Syracuse game in Hartford (also the game in which a Syracuse player tried to trip Geno in the handshake line after a 50-point loss), and her basketball prospects were changed forever.

Even so, the team went on to have an undefeated season and win an NC.

Doty's injury was in Jan. 2009.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
was the Xylina McDaniels... everyone thought she was a UConn lock her dad (NBA guy Xavier) loved Geno but mom didnt want her to go to far, she ended up at North Carolina. Did she transfer, finish her college career... I havent followed her since she signed with the TarHeels

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
was the Xylina McDaniels... everyone thought she was a UConn lock her dad (NBA guy Xavier) loved Geno but mom didnt want her to go to far, she ended up at North Carolina. Did she transfer, finish her college career... I havent followed her since she signed with the TarHeels
Did not transfer but suffered through the arrival and departure of the fabulous DD led class. I believe she also had an ACL. Good college career, but it cannot have been fun with that class arriving as superstars and umping ship so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom