OL Matt Peart Senior Bowl..... | The Boneyard

OL Matt Peart Senior Bowl.....

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
UConn must measure ‘em in cleats. He was listed as 6-7 last year. ;)

Most college numbers are inflated. I would feel confident most linemen who measure 6'7" in college come in below 6'6" at senior Bowl or combine measurements.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Why does he need to add 5-15 pounds? He's a phenomenal athlete at his size already.

Doesn't need to add it, but he is still filling out, he gets better training and nutrition.

Reaction Score
7'2.5" wing span on a 6'6.5" frame? Jeff Adrien sized dimensions.
If only they were able to get him on the basketball roster too. He was a pretty solid basketball prospect before committing to football.

Reaction Score
He's a beast! Plus he's a great kid and an excellent leader. He'll be another NFL Husky we can all be proud of.
I'm hoping he goes in the Top 10. He seems to be getting the the attention and grading to do so

Reaction Score
The reports I've seen from Senior Bowl practice say he is doing well and is very technically sound. He needs to gain a little muscle in the lower body which will improve his power. More muscle means more weight. So I expect his playing weight should be higher than 306.

Reaction Score

What a great smile. He also seems genuinely happy and proud to show off the UConn helmet.
That said, what was different for him that enabled him to develop and thrive at UConn versus the other O-linemen who are leaving?

Reaction Score
From Giants Blog Big Blue View:

Matthew Peart, OT, UConn
HT: 6-foot-6, WT: 310, Hands: 9 6/8, Arms: 35 ⅛
Senior Bowl Executive Director Jim Nagy compared Peart to D’Brickashaw Ferguson, a long-time left tackle for the New York Jets, and a former top 10 selection in the NFL Draft. That is very high praise, but Peart has shown up to play. He’s a smooth mover, that doesn’t overextend himself or overset. His footwork is much better than I expected from a UConn tackle, and he’s held up very well to bullrushes. His one struggle would be second and third moves up the arc, especially when the defenders spin; While he doesn’t allow the players to get free, he does get caught with his outside arm wrapped around the defender. I saw this twice, but everything before this point of the rep was handled well by Peart; he stayed in front well, didn’t panic, used strength and quickness to mirror and not get bullied, while also keeping his hands inside and avoiding a tonguing motion. Peart will be interesting and the Giants may be looking into the big, strong, yet somewhat raw, tackle who has held up well this week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom